Spanish Yacht Club Rivalry

Knowing little, but interested in the topic, I was wondering if anyone could comment on the rivalry between the two very old yacht clubs of Barcelona:  The Royal Barcelona Maritime Club (RCMB) and the Real Club Náutico de Barcelona.  (RCNB)

Now, if Wikipedia is to be believed the RCNB was established in 1876 and is the oldest yacht club in Spain, but not by much.  Because the RCMB was established in 1881: 

The RCMB is a well-equipped yacht club, with its own delimited area situated very close to its rival Royal Barcelona Yacht Club (Reial Club Nàutic de Barcelona), which is considered more elitist.
Now this raises an interesting philosophical question:  is elitism a bad thing or a good thing?  In sports "Elitism" tends to imply excellence, whereas in politics it implies undeserved power.  Yacht clubs typically cross both axes. 

Anyway, any information that anyone could give me about these two clubs would be greatly appreciated. 

I am sorry, I am unable to provide more background information on my questions at this time. 

Thank you in advance. 

Latest posts