Sport Shooting

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
I believe my state has declared potato gunnery to be regulated by the NFA of 1934 and thus unlawful in the hands of civilians.

mad

Super Anarchist
That is great advice about the air rifle to start out. Treat it with all the caution and care a real firearm would receive and he can learn the basics.

From there move to something like a Ruger 10-22. It is a great target gun that he can enjoy his entire life. From there let him feel it out.

Some of my best memories are from the range with my father. One of the few sports/activities where he can compete at a young age with you. Especially since his eye sight is likely better than yours.

Teach him the 4 rules of firearm safety and make him realize that there is no fudging those rules. They exist for a reason.
Yes, it will be a father son sport. We have a range very close by which is great because so many other activities require travel
Its been a long time since I've shot targets & no doubt my eyes wont work as well although I've still got 20/20 at distance
Have you considered trying clay/skeet shooting? A lot of different disciplines available and good fun.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
Turd Sandwich said:
I guess growing up going out in the woods with 15 other kids and having bb gun wars would be frowned upon today. We would put on motorcycle helmets with face shields, a couple pairs of pants and heavy jackets and shoot the shit out of each other. They were not as fun as bottle rocket wars though.

Kids these days sheesh
And tennis ball cannon wars. Great fun.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
Turd Sandwich said:
I guess growing up going out in the woods with 15 other kids and having bb gun wars would be frowned upon today. We would put on motorcycle helmets with face shields, a couple pairs of pants and heavy jackets and shoot the shit out of each other. They were not as fun as bottle rocket wars though.

Kids these days sheesh
We used to have roving tennis ball cannon wars around the neighborhood.

img_0884.jpg
There it is! Awesome!

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Can I just say that after reading about Australian firearm laws in this thread I suddenly feel really lucky to live in the US.
That's OK. Whenever we read about the murder rate, attacks on schools, etc involving firearms in the US, we feel really lucky to live in Australia ;)
Cops in Australia have it so easy, its been at least 10 years since we had one shot while doing their duty.

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
Not sure what hunting opportunities you have in Australia, but after a while I think just punching holes in targets might get a bit boring.

I really enjoyed shooting a shotgun, totally different than a rifle. You might explore skeet, trap, or better yet, sporting clays.
If they list target shooting as their genuine reason for firearm ownership they cannot hunt.

I have vermin control-business use for my genuine reason to own firearms so i cannot take part in target shooting competitions, i think this should be changed to allow target shooters to hunt and allow hunters to take part in target shooting competitions.

If we try to change this the bed wetters will whinge we are trying to water down our gun laws.
That's so fucked up! :wacko:
It's also not true. You can be licensed for both kinds of shooting simultaneously. Having one genuine reason does not preclude you from the other. As per usual, MBL is talking out his ass.

I'd provide a link to the official police website that states that explicitly for you, Jess, but I know how little you like folks proving their point using online references. Guess you'll just have to find a wiki for it :rolleyes:

D

Dabnis

Not sure what hunting opportunities you have in Australia, but after a while I think just punching holes in targets might get a bit boring.

I really enjoyed shooting a shotgun, totally different than a rifle. You might explore skeet, trap, or better yet, sporting clays.
If they list target shooting as their genuine reason for firearm ownership they cannot hunt.

I have vermin control-business use for my genuine reason to own firearms so i cannot take part in target shooting competitions, i think this should be changed to allow target shooters to hunt and allow hunters to take part in target shooting competitions.

If we try to change this the bed wetters will whinge we are trying to water down our gun laws.
That's so fucked up! :wacko:
It's also not true. You can be licensed for both kinds of shooting simultaneously. Having one genuine reason does not preclude you from the other. As per usual, MBL is talking out his ass.

I'd provide a link to the official police website that states that explicitly for you, Jess, but I know how little you like folks proving their point using online references. Guess you'll just have to find a wiki for it :rolleyes:
Curious about someone with criminal intent & no prior record saying"I want a gun to go hunting with" ?

PBO

Super Anarchist

Lyin by name, Lyin by nature

This is complete BS

PBO

Super Anarchist
Turd Sandwich said:
Turd Sandwich said:

Kids these days sheesh
We used to have roving tennis ball cannon wars around the neighborhood.
shit we made the real deal out of schd 80 pvc with a grill lighter. You should check this out

http://www.spudtech.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

rifled pvc fuckin hey i got to get me some of that.
We did the same with PVC & made spud & orange variations. Spuds inside of 250' hurt...a lot

Pellet guns wars with feed pellets or citrus peel were fun too

Bottle rockets were hard to come by but kinda fun however ball shooters were the tool of choice. Tape a few 20 balls together & spray away! Throw Downs were also fun but the little quartz rocks got in your ears, down your pants & they were sharp

Mohammed Bin Lyin

Super Anarchist

Lyin by name, Lyin by nature

This is complete BS

It's not bullshit, if a target shooter goes hunting or a hunter goes target shooting the offence is unauthorised possession or use of a firearm.

7A Offence of unauthorised possession or use of firearms

(1) Maximum penalty : imprisonment for 5 years

(2) Without limiting the operation of subsection (1), a person who is the holder of a license is guilty of an offence under this section if the person:

(a) uses a firearm for any purpose otherwise than in connection with the purpose established by the person as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm

http://legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/1996/46/part2/div1/sec7a
I reckon this law should be changed, once a genuine reason is established for owning a firearm then any lawful use of a firearm should be allowed

PBO

Super Anarchist
You can be both a hunter & a target shooter dickhead

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
My tater cannon has that rifled PVC from spudtech.

It's really no more accurate than previous versions that were not rifled.

I mostly shoot green oranges. The results might be different if you actually use taters.

tater-cannon-rifling.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohammed Bin Lyin

Super Anarchist

Victorian shooters want their bunny gun back

The combined firearm council of Victoria says .22 calibre, self loading rifles- off the market for 20 years since the Port Arthur gun reforms- should never have been included in the bans.

http://weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/shooters-in-bid-to-bring-back-the-bunny-gun/news-story/0051dcd86ddea21243b0f7e830b68b77
The comments are positive, perhaps the bed wetters missed that article, the UK still allows self loading rimfires.
That is a very strange rule, appearing to solve nothing. Can you hunt deer, ducks, geese, & pheasants?
You need a separate game licence to hunt those species unless you're an Aborigine

The Aborigines are allowed to hunt without specific game licenses, I guess our laws are racist in allowing the blackfellas to hunt while heavily restricting whitefellas and the mildly tinted in what they can hunt.

You need separate game licenses for deer and birds on your own land or public land, birds cannot be hunted on public land in the state of NSW , it adds to the cost here is the legislation-

http://legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/2002/64/sch3

As for what type of license it depends on whether it's public or private land, if you want to sell the meat or amateur or professional hunter.

Here are the license types for the species you mentioned I hope you can figure it out.

http://dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/hunting-licences

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
It's not bullshit, if a target shooter goes hunting or a hunter goes target shooting the offence is unauthorised possession or use of a firearm.

7A Offence of unauthorised possession or use of firearms

(1) Maximum penalty : imprisonment for 5 years

(2) Without limiting the operation of subsection (1), a person who is the holder of a license is guilty of an offence under this section if the person:

(a) uses a firearm for any purpose otherwise than in connection with the purpose established by the person as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm

http://legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/1996/46/part2/div1/sec7a
I reckon this law should be changed, once a genuine reason is established for owning a firearm then any lawful use of a firearm should be allowed
It *is* bullshit. You can give both sport shooting AND hunting as genuine reasons for one's license and then can do both.

Once again, you've been caught out talking about something you don't know about. Stick to your Dabiq subscription, MBL. Every fucking time you talk about Aussie gun laws, you prove how little you know about the subject.

Mohammed Bin Lyin

Super Anarchist
atefooterz said:

The combined firearm council of Victoria says .22 calibre, self loading rifles- off the market for 20 years since the Port Arthur gun reforms- should never have been included in the bans.

http://weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/shooters-in-bid-to-bring-back-the-bunny-gun/news-story/0051dcd86ddea21243b0f7e830b68b77
The comments are positive, perhaps the bed wetters missed that article, the UK still allows self loading rimfires.
That is a very strange rule, appearing to solve nothing. Can you hunt deer, ducks, geese, & pheasants?
You need a separate game licence to hunt those species unless you're an Aborigine

The Aborigines are allowed to hunt without specific game licenses, I guess our laws are racist in allowing the blackfellas to hunt while heavily restricting whitefellas and the mildly tinted in what they can hunt.

You need separate game licenses for deer and birds on your own land or public land, birds cannot be hunted on public land in the state of NSW , it adds to the cost here is the legislation-

As for what type of license it depends on whether it's public or private land, if you want to sell the meat or amateur or professional hunter.

Here are the license types for the species you mentioned I hope you can figure it out.

WARNING!!!!!! Under no circumstances or firewall proxies click any of those links, they are direct to ISIS compadres skilled in diss-information and bank cleaning trickery.
They are government links, the government likes to clean out bank accounts we have to support 21 levels of government with 24 million people is it any wonder my Cuban cigars cost $25 each.

Mohammed Bin Lyin

Super Anarchist
atefooterz said:
Ahhhh! You are a confused one... Commie or Towel Head??????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
If I was a Greens voter I could be a Commie, Lee Rhianon has Commie background, she started campaigning to remove drug sniffer dogs about a year before her son was busted dealing drugs.

Not a towel head or a Goatfucker, click on images..lol

http://google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=goatfucker

Here is a verse for you about Pre Islamic Arabia, Mecca was once a city of religious tolerance with all gods allowed to be worshipped before $Profit Mo imposed the first religious dicatatorship on the locals, if that was the Pre Islamic period of ignorance are we now in the Islamic period of ignorance?

​During the Pre Islamic period of ignorance, the people used to perform Tawaf of the Ka'ba naked....

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/25/146

D

Dabnis

Whoa, Nellie, you have regulations coming out of your regulations, a bean counter's delight. Our Native American Indians can gill net salmon

across the West Coast rivers for "Sustenance, & religious" purposes. Some have been arrested for selling the salmon on the open market.

It may be good to have dark skin?