Spot the 2 deliberate (?) mistakes

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
The squarish piece you are seeing at the bottom does not fully lock the handle into the winch, though it does keep it in place better than without. Give one an under-sided kick and it will go flying over the side with little fuss.

1658092363261.png
Probably depends on the winch, the handle, and the condition of both. For example, Lewmar 6, Lewmar 7, and some others have a corresponding notch inside that the squarish piece at the bottom fits snuggly into and holds very securely.

Airwick

Victoria, BC
Actually if you look closely the sheet is loaded properly and cleated all the way past the turning block, it just "looks" like it's backwards because it goes right past the turning block...
Not sure why he would have his right hand on the part of the sheet between the winch and turning block though. I guess that's what happens when you "mock-trim" just for the picture and put your hand on some sheet while looking forward.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Actually if you look closely the sheet is loaded properly and cleated all the way past the turning block, it just "looks" like it's backwards because it goes right past the turning block...
Not sure why he would have his right hand on the part of the sheet between the winch and turning block though. I guess that's what happens when you "mock-trim" just for the picture and put your hand on some sheet while looking forward.
Good eye. I'd misinterpreted what happened behind the nearby clutch and I assumed (big error) he was actually holding a tail.

unShirley

Super Anarchist
Ventura
We've got a winner! That is what I see, too, but you beat me to the post.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
@

@Fiji Bitter

I Know @mad for 40 years or so.
He was bestman at my mariage,
He's been in tough times.
But he recovered and that is important.

And to call a bestman Holmaatje. (Dutch for Homo, ass fucker)
Well, it's not appropriate. He is/was a solid seaworthy yacht sailor.
First on is fathers yacht, I sailed along. Later Jaguar and VOR training

Slowly SA is recovering from sick behaviour. It recently got better.
Do not make it sick again.
Most members are vaccinated against sick behaviour..

And be aware: Mad was a shared account making him so over active.
I know the crew, believe me.

Last edited:

Latest posts