Stella!!!!!

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Well at least it's something.

Too bad it's the Rolling Rock of Belgium but we should be grateful for anything, right?

Too bad we couldn't land a decent Mexican beer as a N2E sponsor.

If it's cheap enough, that will go a long way toward living up the parties.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
I thouht you weare imtinating Stanley Kowalski in SND. SA coud be the offical beer of SA!

Code 2

Anarchist
Stella is good stuff - and sailing is a good target audience for them. How about starting a tradition like Mt. Gay has in the sailing community? N2E make sense as an introduction. Beer. I wish I was going suddenly. Floating at 2AM. I will think about it.

nolatom

Super Anarchist
New Orleans
Come on down during the Tennessee Williams Festival each year, down a few SAs, and enter the "Stella yelling" contest.

Ghostly quiet here with Bowl guests departed. But only for a day, then parades start tomorrow night..

mainsheetsister

Super Anarchist
I thouht you weare imtinating Stanley Kowalski in SND. SA coud be the offical beer of SA!
I thought he was a week and a day early greeting Fat Tuesday.
And what's wrong with Rolling Rock?
Whats right with Rolling Rock?
We live not far from Latrobe, Pennsylvanis, the home of Rolling Rock. Rumor has it that when they sold out to Anheuser-Busch in 2006, all of the disgruntled employees added their own "special" ingredient to the vats.

Needless to say, we don't drink Rolling Rock anymore.

mad

Super Anarchist
We live not far from Latrobe, Pennsylvanis, the home of Rolling Rock. Rumor has it that when they sold out to Anheuser-Busch in 2006, all of the disgruntled employees added their own "special" ingredient to the vats.

Mmmm, nice!!??

Really happy I haven't had RR in over 15 years.

Somebody Else

PNW

Too bad it's the Rolling Rock of Belgium but we should be grateful for anything, right?
They don't call it 'wife beater' in the UK for nuthin....
On driving around southern California, my Belgian friends were shocked at billboards pitching Stella Artois.

They were especially shocked that it was being touted as a "luxury" or "premium" beer.

Their comment: "The only people who drink that in Belgium are tourists who don't know any better."

and: "Good! Better for our economy!"

Somebody Else

PNW
You know... I guess there is nothing wrong with Rolling Rock. Or Stella.

I've just sort of stopped drinking lagers.

If I just want a thirst-quencher I'll drink water.

If I want the flavor and/or effect of beer I want something with more character.

Even worse, I am now what you could derisively call a "hop head".

I even popped my Pliny The Elder cherry yesterday. I was very pleased. It's just too dad-gummed hard to get!

mad

Super Anarchist

They don't call it 'wife beater' in the UK for nuthin....
On driving around southern California, my Belgian friends were shocked at billboards pitching Stella Artois.

They were especially shocked that it was being touted as a "luxury" or "premium" beer.

Their comment: "The only people who drink that in Belgium are tourists who don't know any better."

and: "Good! Better for our economy!"
Happy sailing the next day!! evil headache stuff and that's just after a couple.

(Where's it brewed?, the UK brew is nasty)

mainsheetsister

Super Anarchist

Mmmm, nice!!??

Really happy I haven't had RR in over 15 years.
Likewise.