Steve Clark

Super Anarchist
Area52 1 mid size.jpg

Wild speculation may now commence.

But a few details.

Weight is 52 Kg.

8 and change meters of sail.

Two T foils, wand on main foil.

Foils retract between the hulls for upright launch and recovery.

Floats upright at the dock.

Closer to the Laser price point than the Waszp price point.

Nifty little project which should have commercial legs'

Focus has been on ease of use and handling, not a demonstration of a unique foil configuration. Plenty of original thinking and some unique solutions to achieve performance and cost goals.

Check us out in Newport and go for a sail.

SHC

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
attachicon.gif
Area52 1 mid size.jpg

Focus has been on ease of use and handling, not a demonstration of a unique foil configuration. Plenty of original thinking and some unique solutions to achieve performance and cost goals.

SHC
Great idea! I wish you guys good luck.......

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
The boom/spreader/mast geomtry is brilliant! Congrats and can't wait to see more. This could be the mythical 'peoples foiler'. The hull reminds me of a Hobie MonoMulti 12'er that they built for a while. Could it be the donor hull for this boat?

IMAG0639.jpg

Monocat was the name

MonoCat3a500.jpg

Wess

Super Anarchist
attachicon.gif
Area52 1 mid size.jpg

But a few details.

Weight is 52 Kg.

8 and change meters of sail.

Two T foils, wand on main foil.

Foils retract between the hulls for upright launch and recovery.

Floats upright at the dock.

SHC
Very interesting.

Will you guys be at the Annapolis show? Certainly a must see!

Doug Halsey

With the right wing mast section then boom tension is set when fitted, fat top geometry would mean a squeeze on the main would help any out of the ordinary power for low mode, med to high would be auto via mast bend & batten stifnress .
I've read this "sentence" a dozen times & still can't decipher it. Can someone please translate it?

Wess

Super Anarchist
H

With the right wing mast section then boom tension is set when fitted, fat top geometry would mean a squeeze on the main would help any out of the ordinary power for low mode, med to high would be auto via mast bend & batten stifnress .
I've read this "sentence" a dozen times & still can't decipher it. Can someone please translate it?
Yea, I think the Texas dude was just waking up when that was typed. Can't even rearrange the words to find logic in that!

I was more interested to learn how much I needed to diet from that picture. I am guessing 12 knots of breeze, at 110 true, and a skipper weighing in at 165 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Clark

Anarchist
Rhode Island
Well I guess the secret's out. Here's a little teaser for you all.
To answer a couple questions, the two primary testers have been me: 156lbs and Dad: 235lbs. Works for both of us. Power and lift make a lot of old constraints irrelevant.
Leech tension is done with a snotter at the clew. Also dad made a typo. It's just under 8 quare meters of sail area.

DRC

Wess

Super Anarchist

To answer a couple questions, the two primary testers have been me: 156lbs and Dad: 235lbs. Works for both of us. Power and lift make a lot of old constraints irrelevant.

Leech tension is done with a snotter at the clew. Also dad made a typo. It's just under 8 quare meters of sail area.

That is pretty cool (boat) and innovative (rig design). So in that last one we seem (?) to have 156 lbs you (sorry to have added 9 lbs in my earlier post, LOL) foiling nice and stable in what looks like maybe a 13-15 knot puff, sailing at about 100 true?

Right near the end it was interesting to see the mainsheet angle sheeting arrangement. I am guessing rigging the wishbone boom like that to the spreaders and having the sheeting block forward of the end of the boom means that as you sheet, the mast is bent and the sail flattened without having too really tighten the leech?

Look forward to seeing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL

Dave, how light a wind will the boat fly with ,say, 190lb crew? She looks great!