Stopping Transmission Leak - ZF Drive - Does leak sealer work ?

Soho

Bermuda..
I have a slow leak,   few ounces a week maybe in my ZF V drive transmission.  Its going to have to come out,  pain in the ass,  to get the seals done.   Curious if anybody has tried something like the Blue Devil Transmission leak sealer.  From the reviews,  it seems to work often on cars etc.    ( I also tried to search for this topic but could not seem to get the search to work,  I seem to think I might have asked this before even.... )  

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Those seal swellers can sorta work for a little while - like if you are going to sell a leaking car.

If you are only losing a couple of ounces a week it might be worth a try to delay pulling the trans for a bit but don't expect much.

Soho

Bermuda..
I don't know where your boat goes, but... if a car transmission goes out, worst case is you are on the side of the road. On a boat...
Nautical equivalent of around the block.... mooring to where we hoist sails typically under 1/2 mile and we don't tend to motor long distances this time of year,  I can live with adding oil as needed until the haul out in January to do the bottom.    I was just curious if the Blue Devil works and nothing to be lost by trying I guess.  

Latest posts