Strickly Sail - Chicago - who's going?

I'm sure that my utmost thanks and appreciation is true of all the other college teams were there, the support from sailors like you is what often keeps us afloat.
Very true. I know people on my team were impressed with how many people stopped by and told us stories of their times sailing in college and bought a shirt to support ours. This kind of generosity keeps us all enjoying the sport we love and encourages us to think about those that will follow in our footsteps.

Thank you all for your help.

-NUST

KnottyKnots

MA and RI
The Hood32 is a beautiful daysailer.
Hear she glides across the snow and ice quite well too.

Jack knife, trailer seperates from truck, truck flips on side, boat seperates from trailer, all ends well? WE NEED PICS!!!

I saw the trailer, looked a little mangled.
The bad news: getting to Chicago was a little more eventful than we would have liked (here pictured off the side of 80 West near Du Bois, PA). We all know that trailering a boat across the country is a tricky business. Add in a newly paved highway, pounding snow, and a patch of ice, and it can get truly hairy. (Luckily the Boat Locker guys who were right behind us did not suffer the same fate - I don't think Lasers would have fared so well!)

The good news: thanks to major help from Kevin and everyone at Chicago Strictly Sail, Sandy, PA Fire Unit 37, Bricen Towing of Pennfield, PA, the Scott's from Selden Spars, Dan from Marblehead Trading Company, Crowley's Boat Yard, Tartan, and a stellar shrink-wrap job by CW Hood's own Matt Barner, we still made it to the show and were all set up just in the nick of time! No one was hurt and the boat was in stellar condition!

/monthly_02_2011/post-50304-049560300%201297046989_thumb.jpg

/monthly_02_2011/post-50304-029585300%201297047031_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• CWH crash.jpg
    CWH crash.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 3
  • CWH Boat Show.jpg
    CWH Boat Show.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 3

ockam-nokam

Super Anarchist

Jack knife, trailer seperates from truck, truck flips on side, boat seperates from trailer, all ends well? WE NEED PICS!!!

The bad news: getting to Chicago was a little more eventful than we would have liked (here pictured off the side of 80 West near Du Bois, PA). We all know that trailering a boat across the country is a tricky business. Add in a newly paved highway, pounding snow, and a patch of ice, and it can get truly hairy. (Luckily the Boat Locker guys who were right behind us did not suffer the same fate - I don't think Lasers would have fared so well!)

The good news: thanks to major help from Kevin and everyone at Chicago Strictly Sail, Sandy, PA Fire Unit 37, Bricen Towing of Pennfield, PA, the Scott's from Selden Spars, Dan from Marblehead Trading Company, Crowley's Boat Yard, Tartan, and a stellar shrink-wrap job by CW Hood's own Matt Barner, we still made it to the show and were all set up just in the nick of time! No one was hurt and the boat was in stellar condition!

I have to say that has been THE best looking boat there the past several years. I keep looking at it and thinking I really want one. Unfortunately, reality sets in soon and - Nevermind.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble of bringing it to Chicago.

Heriberto

Super Anarchist

Very, very impressive. The boat looked beautiful and you would never know. Very professional recovery.

Love the name Knottyknots!

@last

Anarchist

I have to say that has been THE best looking boat there the past several years. I keep looking at it and thinking I really want one. Unfortunately, reality sets in soon and - Nevermind.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble of bringing it to Chicago.
+1 Reminds me of a mini version of northern light with that color scheme and look

caragirl

Be known: Nauti Girl is naut associated whatsoever...

Scott Steele~Hyde sails is a fuckin bullshister...He's naut even employed. Theifass~hack paid me to make him look ligit. Really??? Would anyone talk to the dumbfuck otherwise.

Run & HYDE toddler~its time to light up your kite.

...Thread to come...

Seriously, TX for letting it slide...XØ. My security detail is slipping without Vegas.

Winter Anarchy 2011

Big thanks to all that gave liquor and swag to our little get together...

Bob and the entire Line Honors family

Laser Performance Chicago

Mike at Zhik your New Zealand sailing gear is always a big hit

Mike and all the folks at UK Chicago

Newbie Scott from Hyde Sails North America (who was that nauti girl?)

Goose Island, you're always there for us when we get thirsty

Mt Gay Rum, no matter what the yacht clubs try and force us to drink you will always be the official drink of the Sailing community