Sunnies and hat taken off by rouge mainsheet

Bowchow

Anarchist
At the weather mark in lasers, a puff filled this girls sail, and her boom/MS went over me. When she flattened out, she ripped off my Kaenon Kores and Mt. gay hat. I did have croakies on the glasses. I suggested she pay for half of the glasses. Is this reasonable? Should she pay the whole amount?

BC

At the weather mark in lasers, a puff filled this girls sail, and her boom/MS went over me. When she flattened out, she ripped off my Kaenon Kores and Mt. gay hat. I did have croakies on the glasses. I suggested she pay for half of the glasses. Is this reasonable? Should she pay the whole amount?
BC
Sounds like she was windward & failed to keep clear, unless you were inside the zone & maybe you didn't give mark room. (but maybe you did & she failed to use it properly)

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
BC
So she has a red mainsheet??

Next time grab your glasses instead of whatever else you were doing instead.

And...anybody who wears a Mount GAY hat to race must have a pointy little head anyway. Those damn flat things don't fit real, heads with brains inside...

But seriously...

Did she exonerate herself properly??

Flexing_tits.gif

Bowchow

Anarchist
No, She didn't even do turns. Have you guys ever been to a junior regatta? I'd say that maybe 20% of people who foul other people do turns.

I was pretty close to the mark, and was already bearing off.

I would go back, But I was in the top 10, and have to go go back upwind to get the hat.

big chicken

Super Anarchist
I'm on a boat
I would go back, But I was in the top 10, and have to go go back upwind to get the hat.
So you made a conscious decision that the race result was more important to you than the gear you lost but could go recover. Why, then, would she be responsible for paying for it? You have learned a lesson: don't come to play with anything that you can't afford to lose.

Derek Grebe

Super Anarchist
Dubai, UAE
No, She didn't even do turns. Have you guys ever been to a junior regatta? I'd say that maybe 20% of people who foul other people do turns.

because they KNOW that people like you will doff their caps (assuming they didn't fall off) and say - "on you go, dont worry about me, i'll not protest your infringement"

that's what the rules are there for

had she done more damage, like ripped off some pretend surfy jewellery, ripped out your eyebrow piercing, or dented your pink tiller handle, you would need a protest to get liability off her.

the least you could do is 'ride the point home' behind the yacht club after a few turbo-shandies.

Boatzilla

PNW
BC
"Hey you scratched my anchor!"

Seriously! You've got to be kidding. If I were in her shoes, I would have laughed my ass off in your face for asking such a ridiculous question.

NOT reasonable...

tom-09

Anarchist
BC
HTFU and get over it. If you are seriously that worried about a friggin red hat, have one of mine I have dozens I never wear. And for sunglasses, if you are afraid to lose them don't wear them.