Super Bowl

btbotfa

Super Anarchist
Steelers-G Bay-stacking up to be a classic-great defenses for both teams run by two old guys who know their shit, Polamalu's Samoan crown against Matthews Viking locks, Ben against Aaron, almost Biblical names there, talented, tough, mobile quarterbacks-Steelers have the running game, and maybe Green Bay can fake it....tight, close game....Steelers 20, Green Bay 17.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
I bet that Ben is going to get busted for DUI with an underaged prostitute in his car. (while Bill Cower is in the back seat taking pictures...) ;)

GB 24 Pitt 17

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
The only thing that could possibly make this game watchable would be the sure prospect of seeing a few Squealers get maimed. If someone cheap shots that dirty fuck Hines Ward and wipes the smirk off the face the same way he blind sided the smile off of most of Keith Rivers rookie season it would make it worth watching. I'm sure I could catch that in the highlight reel though.

I don't have to watch the game for poetic justice on Will Ferrell's evil twin Big Ben, since that has to happen off field anyway when a 250 lb transvestite cowboy fan slips him a roofie and has his way with him this week in Dallas.

The Squealers can not lose by enough to satisfy me. The risk of watching them win will keep me away from watching the game, since sadly I think they will and by a fair amount.

Lee G

Super Anarchist
Is it PC to root for both teams planes to crash en route to dallas? If I HAD to choose, I'll take the fudgepackers.

Lee G

Super Anarchist
I predict that the winner, although only playing other teams from only the USA, will claim to be world champions.
Show me a football team from any other country in the world that can beat one of these 2 teams, and I'll concede that point.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Is it PC to root for both teams planes to crash en route to dallas? If I HAD to choose, I'll take the fudgepackers.
The Packers do not offend me. There is no team in the NFL I would not root for if they were playing the Squealers.

Go Green Bay!

2s0lchz.gif

Monkey

Super Anarchist
I'm guessing Green Bay pulls off a nailbiter. Somewhere close to a score of 76-3.

chinabald

Super Anarchist

left hook

Super Anarchist
It will be remarkably close but due to the weak performance the Packers put up against the Bears (that game shouldn't have been that close) I'd say that the Steelers will win it by no more than 3 points.

Lee G

Super Anarchist
I predict that the winner, although only playing other teams from only the USA, will claim to be world champions.
Show me a football team from any other country in the world that can beat one of these 2 teams, and I'll concede that point.
you're "football", or theirs?
This thread is about the Superbowl, isnt it? Besides, I dont often hear the NFL champs referred to as World Champs - they are usually called Superbowl Champs or NFL Champs.

That said, I'm not sure where you are from, but didnt we go farther in the last World Cup than England, France and Australia?

Last edited by a moderator:

Touch of Gray

Super Anarchist
Puget Sound
Seattle still hates the Squealers, the refs and the untouchdown call by same where the molester never crossed the plane, to name but one of several bad calls.

As Mike Holmgren said post game, "I expected a tough game but didn't know we were playing the guys in the striped shirts." Or words to that effect. Pete Rozelle, where are ya when we need ya? Good luck Pack

TOG

hard aground

Super Anarchist
you're "football", or theirs?
This thread is about the Superbowl, isnt it? Besides, I dont often hear the NFL champs referred to as World Champs - they are usually called Superbowl Champs or NFL Champs.

That said, I'm not sure where you are from, but didnt we go farther in the last World Cup than England, France and Australia?
Canada, sir. We have football here, bigger field, less downs, some different nuances to the rules. Personally I don't care that much for it. Our Aussie friends have a football league too, seems a bit rougher especially without the pads. Maybe it's just being from somewhere else in the world that it gets a bit tiring hearing about someone being the winner of their league proclaiming themselves as world champions. It might be interesting to lay some odds on an over/under as to how many times the winner of Sunday's game is referred to as world champion in the post game show.

Oh, and as a Vikings fan it pains me to say it but I'm hoping for a Green Bay victory.