SuperFoiler Grand Prix 2018

GXMarsh

The SuperFoiler Grand Prix kicks off in Adelaide, South Australia on 2 February, 2018. It would be great if anyone attending can post pix, reports, gossip, whatever.

Who'll be there? Who'll win? Will they even get around the course in what are seriously challenging boats to sail?

If possible I'll be at one day of the Gold Coast event (16–18 Feb), should be a bottler.

A Class Sailor

Anarchist
On the water
I have no idea how they can hold a series when nobody has yet managed to sail one around a course and finish, even in practice. Outteridge, Ashby and Jensen are still swimming. the boat needs a lot more development but they have run out of time (and money) as they need to make all the boats the same. There will be races where only 1 boat finishes and a real chance that in others, nobody will finish. their only hope is that the wind stays below 10 knots.

Tornado_ALIVE

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, AUS
They have just launched the 4th boat I believe.  I hate to say it but they would be better off waiting for next season.  If the above scenario happens it could do a lot of damage to their planned televised circuit.

Mohammed Bin Lyin

Super Anarchist
They have just launched the 4th boat I believe.  I hate to say it but they would be better off waiting for next season.  If the above scenario happens it could do a lot of damage to their planned televised circuit.
They have 6 of them at Woollahra sailing club had a look the other day. The TV coverage is already in place it will be happening, real TV not YouTube.

A bit of crash and burn makes for good TV, since there can only be one winner the old saying win or die either way you get publicity will enable the sponsors of the boats that don't win to get good coverage.

I reckon those who figure out how to sail it quickest will win, Nathan would have to be the favourite.

darth reapius

Super Anarchist
Straya
Anymore news on the TV coverage?

Will it just be a highlights package in winter sometime or will we see it prime time (or something in between)?
This is fucked, I can't find anything at home (albeit I don't have a television, but still have access via internet), they haven't put it up on 7, 7mate, 7+.

Then to have a laugh, my old man called me up today wanting to watch it, and through all actual telecast the next 3 days are booked up with no mention of "super" anything.

Fucking Channel 7 -.-

Australian Media is a bigger joke than Trumps presidency.

angles

Straya
From Superfoiler FB

"Racing on Saturdays and Sundays will be lie (sic) streamed and a more highly produced version on 7Mate a few weeks later."

RobG

Super Anarchist
Spectacular Crashes on Eve of Season Launch

(Adelaide) A full quota of SuperFoiler machines has taken to their ocean runway for the first time in the history of the circuit – 24 hours from the start of the first race on Adelaide’s Outer Harbour.

A17BC09F-1CF8-4A24-819AB880778B4B4F_teaser.png

Last edited by a moderator: