Surf Anarchy

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
274996938_10224257532358427_1366755552109474666_n.jpg

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
I have always been fascinated by that phenomenon but it never occurred to me that it might be a form of cavitation. Best example I have ever seen! 

Iain A

Super Anarchist
Solomons/Pax Rvr
On my bucket list for this summer, Got up a couple of times briefly as a kid. Have spent years swimming/ skim boarding/body-surfing relished all, only imagine that next level on a board.

Right coaster, easy access to beaches of VA/NC and know the beaches of the outer banks. 

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
No, nay, never! Not even in my fit and exuberant youth!

That inner jaw is about to trip him up and swallow him whole. I've seen very few successfully navigate that inner ledge at Shipsterns and why risk a broken neck?

Never, says I!
As far as ride quality, what’s the best wave height at Shipsterns?    

Looks like it somehow detonates late when it’s big+ and goes psycho in a hurry.   Makes for great scary af pics tho.

Iain A

Super Anarchist
Solomons/Pax Rvr
Extended stay in San Diego, heard Huntington Beach had some of the best surf on the west coast, drove to Huntington Beach to see for myself, a swim, some beverages and back to SD. Love to go back for some of that great ocean vibe and the food.

Iain A

Super Anarchist
Solomons/Pax Rvr
On 3/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, blunderfull said:

Roughly how long does it take to grow a set and be able to hang in there with the confidence there's an escape at the bottom of your plunge?

Last edited by a moderator:

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
Extended stay in San Diego, heard Huntington Beach had some of the best surf on the west coast, drove to Huntington Beach to see for myself, a swim, some beverages and back to SD. Love to go back for some of that great ocean vibe and the food.
Hit Bolsa Chica towers  21 & 22.   Two Beach clubs nearby  with live bands.   Chill vibes.

Extended stay in San Diego, heard Huntington Beach had some of the best surf on the west coast,
When you were in SD you already were near some of the best surf spots on the west coast, Wind and Sea, Blacks, Cardiff Reef, Swamis and nothing against Huntington I grew up there and surfed the pier for decades but it doesn't hold a candle to Blacks when it going off.

Iain A

Super Anarchist
Solomons/Pax Rvr
When you were in SD you already were near some of the best surf spots on the west coast, Wind and Sea, Blacks, Cardiff Reef, Swamis and nothing against Huntington I grew up there and surfed the pier for decades but it doesn't hold a candle to Blacks when it going off.
TY!

Know that now and did experience all I could get to including, the small spot @ OB pier, my first experience in the Pacific, water temperature was a shock. Surfers donning neoprene should of been my first clue!

An Oceanside cliff down the road from the beach there that begs out of town morons, drunks (my case X2) to dive off, still have a scar on my hip to prove it. Other than a brush with some potential ugly, had a blast.