Surf Anarchy

mccroc

Anarchist
Sydney
Here's a link to the trailer for a film I have just finished mixing for Tim Bonython - Big Wave Project II. Tim is one of Australia's best known surf film makers.

Shot in Nazare, Mullaghmore, Shipsterns, Tahiti, Fiji, Mavericks, Peahi etc. It's currently being shown around Australia on the big screen.

Tim regularly posts other films on his channel: Surfing Visions. He also has a TV series called Swell Chasers - each episode was at a different Big Wave location.

Kind of funny that I am not a surfer, I'm a sailor, but I have mixed a number of surf films, and also regularly work for Surfing Australia. If you haven't seen it, look out for Thundercloud, it's all about the year Cloudbreak in Fiji went off. They cancelled the Tour event, and they all went big wave surfing! It was a bit of a turning point.

Sorry - I see now that Willin' has posted a Tim Bonython clip from Cloudbreak.

Last edited by a moderator:

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
35 minutes ago, mccroc said:

Here's a link to the trailer for a film I have just finished mixing for Tim Bonython - Big Wave Project II. Tim is one of Australia's best known surf film makers.

Shot in Nazare, Mullaghmore, Shipsterns, Tahiti, Fiji, Mavericks, Peahi etc. It's currently being shown around Australia on the big screen.

Tim regularly posts other films on his channel: Surfing Visions. He also has a TV series called Swell Chasers - each episode was at a different Big Wave location.

Kind of funny that I am not a surfer, I'm a sailor, but I have mixed a number of surf films, and also regularly work for Surfing Australia. If you haven't seen it, look out for Thundercloud, it's all about the year Cloudbreak in Fiji went off. They cancelled the Tour event, and they all went big wave surfing! It was a bit of a turning point.

Sorry - I see now that Willin' has posted a Tim Bonython clip from Cloudbreak.

I surfed a fair bit with Tim as youngster. Well before he went into films. (he was knee boarder back then but we coaxed him into standing up)

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
281994218_5116514651747843_9209325314368920165_n.jpg

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
Anyone know what Dolphin’s are up to when they stand straight up - and stay up for 4-5 mins?

Paddled out at #27 Bolsa and saw a pod hunting nearby. See this one just standing there - about 2/3 of body out of water - and stood (?) there for awhile looking in my general direction. Looking for food? Keeping an eye on me with young ones in pod?

If there’s a more amazing creature in the ocean - I’d sure like to see that.

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
Anyone know what Dolphin’s are up to when they stand straight up - and stay up for 4-5 mins?

Paddled out at #27 Bolsa and saw a pod hunting nearby. See this one just standing there - about 2/3 of body out of water - and stood (?) there for awhile looking in my general direction. Looking for food? Keeping an eye on me with young ones in pod?

If there’s a more amazing creature in the ocean - I’d sure like to see that.
So I call a Dolphin Research Center in Florida and woman I spoke with said yes they can be trained up to stand in place as described. A wild one doing this? She had never heard of one doing that. Off the top she thinks it may be one that was trained and was released/escaped.