Surf Anarchy

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
Chopes drone overview, pretty amazing stuff. I always assumed there was a reef channel right there that the boats and PWCs anchor/ hover in but in one wide shot the whole fleet is nearly wiped out.

Huge pucker factor!

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
Chopes drone overview, pretty amazing stuff. I always assumed there was a reef channel right there that the boats and PWCs anchor/ hover in but in one wide shot the whole fleet is nearly wiped out.

Huge pucker factor!

Really impressive height attained at 2:37!

Mid

Blues Rule

WATCH LIVE Corona Open J-Bay - FINALS DAY​

20,024 watching now
Started streaming 5 hours ago

At the edge of the world awaits the best right-hander on Earth.

The endless pointbreak is a blank canvas for the world’s best surfers to draw creative lines.

But J-Bay’s perfection is matched by the pressure of the fight for the WSL Final 5.

With just two events remaining, time is running out for the title hopefuls to rise up the rankings and clinch their spot in the Rip Curl WSL Finals.

Linky

blunderfull

Super Anarchist

Day two. I keep staring at the speed of those Maui freight trains & Kai & friends just killing it. Wow.

It’s picking up at Bolsa, which means a Big south. Bolsa, facing north, rarely pulls in the south swells. My wrist is wrecked, arthritis is kicking my butt. Can’t always depend on having full strength when I need it. Took a look today @ noon and it was good (6-8’ on the occasional big set). Passed. Sheit. Need to pick my days and be safe. No drama. Old age sucks but just paddling out is life affirming. Ocean is life. Good for the soul.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble

Day two. I keep staring at the speed of those Maui freight trains & Kai & friends just killing it. Wow.

It’s picking up at Bolsa, which means a Big south. Bolsa, facing north, rarely pulls in the south swells. My wrist is wrecked, arthritis is kicking my butt. Can’t always depend on having full strength when I need it. Took a look today @ noon and it was good (6-8’ on the occasional big set). Passed. Sheit. Need to pick my days and be safe. No drama. Old age sucks but just paddling out is life affirming. Ocean is life. Good for the soul.
I watched a couple of those Maui vids. Nuts. That Kai is another level

Windward

Super Anarchist

Laird is wise. I get down and then this conversation pops up. He’s pushing sixty. Still on it. Thank you Jamie & Surfer’s Journal. Watermen for life.

Pushing 60's isn't an issue for those people at the top of the skill pile. At that level of skill Laird can probably make it look easy into his 80's

The rest of us mortals it's a sliding scale of skill/talent to knowledge of when to hang it up, or scale back.

To each their own, and for those bragging around the bar about their "mad" skills in their 60's I call BS.

"The older I get the better I was."

The prudent person knows when their time is up, and the risk/reward for injury and heartache for family isn't worth the math.

Know your limits and don't be stupid.

Need a test? Try something you've never done much of before and see how it goes in your 60's. Slackline?