Surf Anarchy

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
1 hour ago, hobot said:

Doheny is a great little family break! In the middle the waves are like the video.....tiny little things great for kids learning. On a decent day, both the section at the harbor mouth (although mid break at low tide it sucks out over a few rocks that you MUST avoid or you jack up your board.....never mind how I know this) and at pipes in front of the lifeguard tower can be very nice. Had some very nice south swell days there. Very nice. Then after the whole family surfs, the park area is awesome for a BBQ. I used to really like Do-Ho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcatraz5768

Super Anarchist
i was never/ arnt a surfer, however i racer thundercats in the surf for a few seasons. Last year however we built a bach close to a surf beach and enrolled yhe 2 youngest in the nippers class at the surf lifesaving club. 9yo will surf as much as he can and 6yo will stay in the surf on her body board till she is blue. one of the best things we have done for them. 

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
Back in the day when the Newport Harbor entrance was completely closed out the Big Corona side of the jetty could go off. Occasionally a wave could go all the way through to Little Corona/ Cameo Shores. Matt surfers were the big obstacle back then. I wonder if anyone ever matt surfs there or EL Morro any more?

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
About the only surfer nuttier than JOB (Jaime O'Brien) is Gravy Wavy. (Ben Gravy) 

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
Back in the day when the Newport Harbor entrance was completely closed out the Big Corona side of the jetty could go off. Occasionally a wave could go all the way through to Little Corona/ Cameo Shores. Matt surfers were the big obstacle back then. I wonder if anyone ever matt surfs there or EL Morro any more?
Prolly still do.  When it’s coming over top of the jetty I ck Big C cause that’s usually when it’s good.  

Matts don’t go away - just need to know where to look.  See a couple kneelos out there still.  It all goes around /round - JOB & Ben G hard hittin Big Wedge on softops.  Killah stuff that.   

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
"About the only surfer nuttier than JOB (Jaime O'Brien) is Gravy Wavy. (Ben Gravy)"  For the dream!

Speaking of....say someone that is too stupid old to be thinking of such things, wanted to do the Atlantic Circle in a small boat, surfing  some head highish or less waves along the way.  Any suggestions for an old fart "expedition" type board?  I think I can fit about an 8' board in the "garage" quarter berth.  Those soft tops are looking sort of neat.

Latest posts