Surf Anarchy

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Right now I'm working on the janitor surfing. Very much like the old longboarding style I love so much. My boardsurfing days might be over but this next step has me stoked to get good at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
"janitor surfing" hah!!
Had a kid shoot that term at me in the parking lot just before my hip surgery (f*&^ing janitor)........he didn't mean it as a compliment but.......I thought it was frigging hilarious............since I've been surfing for about 60 years now in one form or another........pretty hard to get me riled up.

random

Super Anarchist
Had a kid shoot that term at me in the parking lot just before my hip surgery (f*&^ing janitor)........he didn't mean it as a compliment but.......I thought it was frigging hilarious............since I've been surfing for about 60 years now in one form or another........pretty hard to get me riled up.
Not sure bout that.  It's easy.

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
Grems best duct taped to t-pole for smack talking tribal elders.

captpiratedog

Super Anarchist
El Mirage
I always preferred the old Water Wonder  at the Wedge . Very popular pre boogie board back in the late 70's . It's a learn how to swim board for kids.  It has just enough buoyancy to help you float while resting  but also you can dive deep under the big swells and get a good foiling edge  to hold your body up when on the wave as well as very helpful arm-oar paddling quickly back out beyond the break. The  old handgun was cool but had no buoyancy .. Also the advent of churchil fins were a great advantage over the oldschool duckfins in helping to  preventing leg cramps 

Mid

Blues Rule
source.gif

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
VOA said:
You call it boring? I say you'd get drilled, wouldn't make the take off.
Yea, I was glad to see Ben G nail his first one.  Jordan was stressing he’d blow the drop.

Some of those righthander Ranch waves rivalled Backdoor for speed and punch.  Not surprising given that Slater was out there. 

They can amp things up when they want to.  I think they want to keep it reasonable, even for the pros, so no one gets mangled in all that apparatus in the back.  Another reason I like Wave Lake in Oz - easier on the eyes. Train & trestle at Ranch a rough look as it is now.

random

Super Anarchist
How many grams of CO2 are produced each wave?

As interesting as it is watching perfect waves it's an abomination.  Sorry Kelly, it's not what surfing is about.

Dorado

Super Anarchist
 When you consider the amortization of the investment and the energy required to drive that sled, I wonder just how much it costs to produce a single wave.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
I know it takes time to make good gravy, but come on it was 16 minutes before the guy even got wet! And then another 3 minutes until he caught a wave. He knows his way around a tube but could use some help on the editing.

Interesting that you get an occasional glimpse of the foil just under the surface of the water near the trestle. I'm sure Kelly wants to keep that configuration under wraps. They have done a lot since this video to hide the workings of the sled and foil now that it is getting more video coverage. 

ajbram

Great Lakes
If you're gonna surf a lake, surf Lake Superior. 

Here's a friend of mine paddling into a decent dawn patrol set last January. I didn't take the picture, so can't take credit.

IMG_3565.JPG (1).jpeg