SV Seeker

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
He's really having issues. I honestly feel sorry for the guy. He's put himself in a hole and sees no way out but to continue digging.

He committed himself so publicly to this and now there is really no graceful way to save face, so he is lashing out in anger at others rather than face the fact that he has screwed up.

This is a very public humiliation so, like Putin, he escalates. He sees no other way. I can't imagine the pressure he feels. He could lift the weight if he would just go on Youtube and say "Well, I fucked this whole thing up. Nobody but myself to blame, it's about time to shut it down before someone gets hurt. Sorry."

But something in his personality just won't let him.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
A overly dramatic. fully captured on video, sinking out of sight of land (& in very deep water) is in his future

Followed by a 'go fund me' appeal

Voiled

He's really having issues. I honestly feel sorry for the guy. He's put himself in a hole and sees no way out but to continue digging.

He committed himself so publicly to this and now there is really no graceful way to save face, so he is lashing out in anger at others rather than face the fact that he has screwed up.

This is a very public humiliation so, like Putin, he escalates. He sees no other way. I can't imagine the pressure he feels. He could lift the weight if he would just go on Youtube and say "Well, I fucked this whole thing up. Nobody but myself to blame, it's about time to shut it down before someone gets hurt. Sorry."

His Patreon page is still live and asking people to give money headed with the line:

Creating Seeker - a free of charge ocean research sailing vessel.

It's accompanied with video and text explaining how Seeker will travel the world carrying researchers in the name of science.

He should know by know that goal will never be reached. It's also clear the boat is and will be used for a whole lot of other things than doing science. He's basically using it as his permanent residence for example and as a platform to make money off of social media. Uses like those are not mentioned on the Patreon page or the accompanying video. As long as he keeps collecting money this way it's hard to feel sorry for the guy.

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
His Patreon page is still live and asking people to give money headed with the line:

Creating Seeker - a free of charge ocean research sailing vessel.

It's accompanied with video and text explaining how Seeker will travel the world carrying researchers in the name of science.

He should know by know that goal will never be reached. It's also clear the boat is and will be used for a whole lot of other things than doing science. He's basically using it as his permanent residence for example and as a platform to make money off of social media. Uses like those are not mentioned on the Patreon page or the accompanying video. As long as he keeps collecting money this way it's hard to feel sorry for the guy.
One wonders about the legality about this sort of fund raising.

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC

I think you've summed it up. If he would just now make some goodwill offer of some kind...donate it for scrap or whatever...show an ounce of contrition and some sincere empathy for the people he coaxed into making contributions. He could shinny out of it and into a new life chapter. But with his personality, it's not going to happen.

Voiled

One wonders about the legality about this sort of fund raising.
There's a whole list to wonder about:
  • He is collecting money for a research vessel on Patreon
  • For some reason his goal is to rent it out for $1 to the "Seachest Foundation"
  • The foundation is collection funds to enable researchers
  • His youtube videos link to the Seachest site where you can buy Seeker merchandise
  • The merchandise is promoted on facebook and in his videos under various guises, "diesel fund" for example or to "support Seeker" in general
  • No sane research or educational institute will ever allow their staff or students on Seeker
  • The vessel is registered as "recreational"
  • He is using the boat as his residence
  • The vessel is used as a platform to make money off of social media
  • On facebook he told he won't accept donations from people while on the boat as he's scared the Coast Guard will not accept his recreational status, which tells us he's aware something is fishy
I'd not be surprised in the slightest if there's more to add to this list.

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
There's a whole list to wonder about:
  • He is collecting money for a research vessel on Patreon
  • For some reason his goal is to rent it out for $1 to the "Seachest Foundation"
  • The foundation is collection funds to enable researchers
  • His youtube videos link to the Seachest site where you can buy Seeker merchandise
  • The merchandise is promoted on facebook and in his videos under various guises, "diesel fund" for example or to "support Seeker" in general
  • No sane research or educational institute will ever allow their staff or students on Seeker
  • The vessel is registered as "recreational"
  • He is using the boat as his residence
  • The vessel is used as a platform to make money off of social media
  • On facebook he told he won't accept donations from people while on the boat as he's scared the Coast Guard will not accept his recreational status, which tells us he's aware something is fishy
I'd not be surprised in the slightest if there's more to add to this list.
For one, I'd add that he's now threatening to murder anyone who questions the legitimacy of his operation.

See Level

Working to overcome my inner peace
I'm thinking a slow disturbing transition to something along these lines.
 Without the music talent.

artworks-000156422905-d7gtc2-t500x500.jpg

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
He fixed his leak.... By wrapping it with tape. Why go through all that trouble to fuck it up some more. Jesus he's an idiot.
Amazing. He wrapped it with tape and it still leaked. So he wrapped it with more tape and it stopped. "The other one's exactly the same and it hasn't leaked. Hmm..." Well... done and dusted as they say!

Voiled

Some kind of performance art project the world isn't ready for yet. Can't think of a more reasonable explanation.

Latest posts