Sydney Gold Coast Race 2022

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Yup,
The guessers and tactical guys earned their $...

Think we should also give big points to Ausreo - the first 'ordinary' yacht for their successful routing over the last 120 NM particularly; and Jules and Clogs for 2nd 'ordinary' boat and 1st shorthanded .. again!

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Damn... Andoo Comanche smashed the swiss army knives good.
Andoo had 2 well known Navigators onboard and it was a tactical decision that won them the race. Will Oxley was onboard however was not named as their Navigator. Just an interesting aspect of their crew given somebody said they would be best served heading offshore rather than following the 2 leaders. At one point their strategy was stay close enough and wait for the breeze to build and then use their superior speed to overtake BJ and Oats but they headed offshore and sailed around them. I wonder who made the decision and did having 2 navigators help the cause?

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
But the big winner was the Wild Oats Puffy Jackets

wo.jpg

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
Andoo had 2 well known Navigators onboard and it was a tactical decision that won them the race. Will Oxley was onboard however was not named as their Navigator. Just an interesting aspect of their crew given somebody said they would be best served heading offshore rather than following the 2 leaders. At one point their strategy was stay close enough and wait for the breeze to build and then use their superior speed to overtake BJ and Oats but they headed offshore and sailed around them. I wonder who made the decision and did having 2 navigators help the cause?
yeah i saw the interview with rob jr. , it worked !

WOPALX

Sydney
Yup,
The guessers and tactical guys earned their $...

Think we should also give big points to Ausreo - the first 'ordinary' yacht for their successful routing over the last 120 NM particularly; and Jules and Clogs for 2nd 'ordinary' boat and 1st shorthanded .. again!
Yes we did well going wide on AusReo, got out of the current for a long while and much better pressure.