Sydney Hobart start live streaming thread.

dcbsheb

Super Anarchist
Sheboygan, WI
I can't be bothered to search. Whats the size limit for Syd/Hob?
It used to be 30meters, then the yankee fucktards made Trans-Pac 100ft. I predicted Hobart would be forced to follow suit (of course the usual SA peanut gallery disagreed and argued with me for 4pages) - well anyway, I was right, and the new rule for Hobart is now 100ft. No multis.
Bitter at all about a couple of feet?

By the way, why no multis? I bet some of those French Tri's would rip it up sailing this course.

Mr Zog

CT
12 1/2 hours in.

Comm 473.4 to go

WOXI 474.4

Rag 477.3

Loyal 479.3

Giaco 482.7

Only a mile lead atm.

Update: 13 1/2 hours in Comm lead down to 1/2 mile

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Carlo Borlenghi pics. More: https://www.facebook.com/StudioBorlenghi

SYHO14cb_00373.jpg

SYHO14cb_00399.jpg

SYHO14cb_11487.jpg

SYHO14cb_11564.jpg

SYHO14cb_11585.jpg

SYHO14cb_11608.jpg

SYHO14cb_11617.jpg

SYHO14cb_11653.jpg

SYHO14cb_11680.jpg

SYHO14cb_11688.jpg

SYHO14cb_11707.jpg

SYHO14cb_11727.jpg

SYHO14cb_11894.jpg

SYHO14cb_12132.jpg

SYHO14cb_12255.jpg

SYHO14cb_12465.jpg

SYHO14cb_12528.jpg

SYHO14cb_12575.jpg

SYHO14cb_12642.jpg

SYHO14cb_12899.jpg

SYHO14cb_12915.jpg

SYHO14cb_12938.jpg

SYHO14cb_13374.jpg

SYHO14cb_13517.jpg

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
It used to be 30meters, then the yankee fucktards made Trans-Pac 100ft. I predicted Hobart would be forced to follow suit (of course the usual SA peanut gallery disagreed and argued with me for 4pages) - well anyway, I was right, and the new rule for Hobart is now 100ft. No multis.

By the way, why no multis? I bet some of those French Tri's would rip it up sailing this course.
The "couple of feet" is not the issue - its the principle. 30m was the standard max for length for a super max around the world. Then a bunch of yankee cunts, decide on their own to ignore all that, and make their own rule, at 30.48m. Why? Arrogance and indifference to the rest of the world. Forced guys like Nev who wanted to do Hobart and Transpac to lengthen his boat (and since he isnt then going to shorten it again) all other races had to follow suit if they were to attract the super maxi;s back.

The Transpac move effectively caused a split in the global fleet of what? Like 6 boats? OR the rules had to change for every other race out there.....wasnt hard to predict which it would be. Guys who build these monsters want to race them against others, so the rule was going to change.

And no, guys who build a super maxi are not going to keep it at 30m and show up at Transpac with the "second biggest boat on the line", that is just not how these guys roll.

As for why no multis - dont know, other than the CYCA has no multi races. I think that will change sooner rather that later, especially with the AC doing what it is. There are some hot, big multi's down under - the old Bank Populaire is in Sydney (or at least it was - not sure if it still is.).

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
30m was the standard max for length for a super max around the world. Then a bunch of yankee cunts, decide on their own to ignore all that, and make their own rule, at 30.48m. Why?
because "100 feet" sounds WAY cooler than "30m".

BTW, that is some seriously awesome whinging E7!

dcbsheb

Super Anarchist
Sheboygan, WI
+1.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Transpac has made some adjustments to their entry requirements over the years in an attempt to be more inclusive, so to call them "a bunch of yankee cunts" is a bit much.

How big of a cliff are you gonna jump off of when Comanche de-thrones WOXI? Go the big, wide-assed, mother f'ing Indian boat from the good ole US of A!!

+1.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Transpac has made some adjustments to their entry requirements over the years in an attempt to be more inclusive, so to call them "a bunch of yankee cunts" is a bit much.

How big of a cliff are you gonna jump off of when Comanche de-thrones WOXI? Go the big, wide-assed, mother f'ing Indian boat from the good ole US of A!!
Winning Hobart once, will not "de-throne" Oats by any stretch. Oats has been beaten before. Everyone is glad to see Comanche here, we want a great race, and Comanche is providing that. Its a long way to go still. I wouldnt be pulling out any champagne just yet.

RKoch

Super Anarchist
da 'burg
Max length was 73' in the CCA days. Then it was 70'of IOR rating (which bumped LOA to 80'+). The guys with the money write the rules...and like said above, none of them want to be the second-biggest boat on the starting line. At some point, a couple guys will build 120'ers, and the max will be extended again to accommodate them.

dcbsheb

Super Anarchist
Sheboygan, WI
Agreed. This is turning out to be a great race. Glad to see all 4 boats are right there with one another. Can't wait to see them light it up once the wind goes aft.

douglas

Super Anarchist
vancouver bc
download helper is my go to, and it's not saving. there are some quirks with it, like you can't save youtube streams if you are loading one stream after another. you have to refresh the page and make it as if you started with your new stream.

i had another program that would save anything in an overlay, like video usually is, but it's long out of date.

douglas

Super Anarchist
vancouver bc
yeah, i got that 6 min bit off youtube easy. looking to save the hour and a half video. i have friends that want to see this and are not tech savvy. their beta vcr still flashes 12:00

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast
The recording of my live broadcast is now up at http://bit.ly/sailorgirlevents - yes getting sick and all... I have never been sea sick, so was new for me. Too much head down trying to get the initial signal through, being right at the top of the top cabin on a big cruiser, sea state (holy hell) and fumes, next year I might just have to commentate from one of the race boats, at least they keep moving :p and at least I did not stop commentating, even in between chucks.

....ohh,Gawrsh...I guess it's good you aren't doing livestream coverage yet :mellow: :unsure:

....was listening ~30min into your coverage,,,but it was cutting out for up to 20-30 minutes at a time

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit

The "couple of feet" is not the issue - its the principle. 30m was the standard max for length for a super max around the world. Then a bunch of yankee cunts, decide on their own to ignore all that, and make their own rule, at 30.48m. Why? Arrogance and indifference to the rest of the world. Forced guys like Nev who wanted to do Hobart and Transpac to lengthen his boat (and since he isnt then going to shorten it again) all other races had to follow suit if they were to attract the super maxi;s back.

The Transpac move effectively caused a split in the global fleet of what? Like 6 boats? OR the rules had to change for every other race out there.....wasnt hard to predict which it would be. Guys who build these monsters want to race them against others, so the rule was going to change.

And no, guys who build a super maxi are not going to keep it at 30m and show up at Transpac with the "second biggest boat on the line", that is just not how these guys roll.

As for why no multis - dont know, other than the CYCA has no multi races. I think that will change sooner rather that later, especially with the AC doing what it is. There are some hot, big multi's down under - the old Bank Populaire is in Sydney (or at least it was - not sure if it still is.).
Dude, clean the sand out of your vagina and go watch some sailboat racing.

Latest posts