Sydney Hobart start live streaming thread.

LB 15

Cunt
30m was the standard max for length for a super max around the world. Then a bunch of yankee cunts, decide on their own to ignore all that, and make their own rule, at 30.48m. Why?
because "100 feet" sounds WAY cooler than "30m".

BTW, that is some seriously awesome whinging E7!
And speaking of whinging did I really read on the FP you bagging 7 for being slow to put up a link?Pot meet kettle clean.

full replay is now up

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/videos/watch/25860020/sydney-to-hobart/

hmm... but plays for a few mins then stops... ffs... its not my intahnets.. i got 1000Mb/s Cable..
Just watched the entire link -- no problems here. The only one of the links that worked 12 hrs ago, though, was Clean's front page link (sorry SailorGirl218, but thanks for trying to get us northerners access).
Did try - sorry if I was the cause of further frustration (to all). Will investigate further in the coming days - some seemed to have no issue - others that have mentioned here had issues - many thanks for the feedback though!

My App just missed the iTunes window before Christmas - that may have prevented a few issues... that said with over 3,000 people listening to the commentary it could have just been sheer numbers causing the drop outs.

:)

The recording of my live broadcast is now up at http://bit.ly/sailorgirlevents - yes getting sick and all... I have never been sea sick, so was new for me. Too much head down trying to get the initial signal through, being right at the top of the top cabin on a big cruiser, sea state (holy hell) and fumes, next year I might just have to commentate from one of the race boats, at least they keep moving :p and at least I did not stop commentating, even in between chucks.

....ohh,Gawrsh...I guess it's good you aren't doing livestream coverage yet :mellow: :unsure:

....was listening ~30min into your coverage,,,but it was cutting out for up to 20-30 minutes at a time
I still would have kept going even if it was livestreaming (I kept posting pics at least - selfie post chuck at www.facebook.com/sailorgirl18)! At least I know I do get sea sick now - hadn't taken any meds etc - know for next time.

At least no one can say I don't keep it real ;)

There were over 3,000 people listening so wondering if it was just sheer numbers.

Will investigate! Thanks for letting me know.

I can't be bothered to search. Whats the size limit for Syd/Hob?
It used to be 30meters, then the yankee fucktards made Trans-Pac 100ft. I predicted Hobart would be forced to follow suit (of course the usual SA peanut gallery disagreed and argued with me for 4pages) - well anyway, I was right, and the new rule for Hobart is now 100ft. No multis.
Bitter at all about a couple of feet?
By the way, why no multis? I bet some of those French Tri's would rip it up sailing this course.
The "couple of feet" is not the issue - its the principle. 30m was the standard max for length for a super max around the world. Then a bunch of yankee cunts, decide on their own to ignore all that, and make their own rule, at 30.48m. Why? Arrogance and indifference to the rest of the world. Forced guys like Nev who wanted to do Hobart and Transpac to lengthen his boat (and since he isnt then going to shorten it again) all other races had to follow suit if they were to attract the super maxi;s back.

The Transpac move effectively caused a split in the global fleet of what? Like 6 boats? OR the rules had to change for every other race out there.....wasnt hard to predict which it would be. Guys who build these monsters want to race them against others, so the rule was going to change.

And no, guys who build a super maxi are not going to keep it at 30m and show up at Transpac with the "second biggest boat on the line", that is just not how these guys roll.

As for why no multis - dont know, other than the CYCA has no multi races. I think that will change sooner rather that later, especially with the AC doing what it is. There are some hot, big multi's down under - the old Bank Populaire is in Sydney (or at least it was - not sure if it still is.).
Ironic, this post itself is quite arrogant. Someone's a little sour...

eliboat

Super Anarchist
It's amazing how close WO and Commanche are, and how far ahead of the next pack they are already. It will be fun to watch this. Anyone else surprised to see Perpetual Loyal as far back as she is?

Hey nic, love your work. Do you want to come for a skid in the revisited one ton cup if you're in Auckland for the Volvo?
Thanks so much Alcatraz! Always up for a sail :D

FYI for those who want updates on Loyal, will be posting on my Facebook first. About to head to the airport, again - story of my life!

Just waiting to hear from the support van!

olaf hart

Super Anarchist
I can't be bothered to search. Whats the size limit for Syd/Hob?
It used to be 30meters, then the yankee fucktards made Trans-Pac 100ft. I predicted Hobart would be forced to follow suit (of course the usual SA peanut gallery disagreed and argued with me for 4pages) - well anyway, I was right, and the new rule for Hobart is now 100ft. No multis.
Bitter at all about a couple of feet?By the way, why no multis? I bet some of those French Tri's would rip it up sailing this course.
The "couple of feet" is not the issue - its the principle. 30m was the standard max for length for a super max around the world. Then a bunch of yankee cunts, decide on their own to ignore all that, and make their own rule, at 30.48m. Why? Arrogance and indifference to the rest of the world. Forced guys like Nev who wanted to do Hobart and Transpac to lengthen his boat (and since he isnt then going to shorten it again) all other races had to follow suit if they were to attract the super maxi;s back.

The Transpac move effectively caused a split in the global fleet of what? Like 6 boats? OR the rules had to change for every other race out there.....wasnt hard to predict which it would be. Guys who build these monsters want to race them against others, so the rule was going to change.

And no, guys who build a super maxi are not going to keep it at 30m and show up at Transpac with the "second biggest boat on the line", that is just not how these guys roll.

As for why no multis - dont know, other than the CYCA has no multi races. I think that will change sooner rather that later, especially with the AC doing what it is. There are some hot, big multi's down under - the old Bank Populaire is in Sydney (or at least it was - not sure if it still is.).
Ironic, this post itself is quite arrogant. Someone's a little sour...
And seems to have forgotten that WOXI is really a motorsailer