Sydney to Hobart 2017

savoir

Super Anarchist
Patrick is still talking. Anyone got some wet cement ?

I reckon the rumour might just be true.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
hoppy said:
Between TV and all internet sources, I can't figure out if Comanche has finished or not and if they did, how long after WOIX  :ph34r:
Same!!!!!! Can see they have finished. Just need the Gap

Last edited by a moderator:

savoir

Super Anarchist
hoppy said:
Between TV and all internet sources, I can't figure out if Comanche has finished or not and if they did, how long after WOIX  :ph34r:
Comanche finished at approximately 10.18 local time.

Wess

Super Anarchist
WO ain't dead yet.

That depends how many WO lads and how much money they outlayed on a Comanche LH and Record double. 

Race rigging and betting is rampart in Oz sailing didn't you know  ;-)

They've been a pretty steady 9 miles behind so far. C would have to park in Storm Bay for WO to have a chance at passing them in the River.
You were saying.... :p

Of course the jury room may still speak but on the water where it matters.... well.... Jimmy sure is on a losing streak!! 

Last edited by a moderator:

HILLY

HILLY
Lake Macquarie
Tenpin Bollen is the perfect example of why the ABC needs more funding....

Wheel him back into a cupboard with a bottle of anything, I'm sick of yelling "shut the fuck up" at my t.v.

image.png

This protest  is a storm in a tea cup, what most peeps fail to observe is that the Pit Bull did not maintain his course. he bore away a minute to 30 secs out and therefore did not give WO11 room and opportunity to keep clear, or in the old parlance he was "hunting" and setting  himself  a tactical advantage to have boat speed to point up after Oats had completed their tack and BTW Oats had completed their tack before Pit Bull was overlapped, .. International Jury will dismiss this... as fluff. Not BTW that I am an Oats or Pit Bull fan ... send it Kearney Alex and Jim ... altho Huey is not not loving small boats this year.

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
Ok...so for the maxi's the S2H is an overnighter....good job, well done, collect your paycheques and bonuses.....Now we wait to see who the real race winners are. Go Chutzpah!!

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Completely agree DFL1010. If they feel they have wronged and I quote from the RRS Basic Principles "when competitors break a rule they will promptly take a penalty, which may be to retire".

We are not talking about a boat having a slightly wrong certificate here, or failing to sign a declaration,

we are talking potentially of a Part 2 infringement with no attempt to exonerate. I think, if they are found against then a 5 minute penalty would be very soft.

Having said that the RSHYR has an extremely competent jury chairman so the only thing I am certain of right now is that should it go to the room then both boats will get a fair hearing.
Shang reading between your reserved lines you understand but many don't that this is a quite pivotal moment in sailing in terms of rules and appropriate penalties. 

The last time I can remember something like this was the outcome of the 2013 AC Oracle cheating debacle. That turned out to put World Sailing and the IJ process on its arse. Some still argue today not enough.

This is going to be a very interesting 24 hours coming up. The pressure on all the parties on and off the water is now imense.

I'm glad not to be them.

Latest posts