Sydney to Hobart 2017

rogerfal

Super Anarchist
Cornwall
The incident happened before the final turn mark ,correct me if i am wrong but didn't he have to do the turns prior to passing the next mark? Other wise it goes to protest preparing to be reamed lol
Pile of bullshit

Bang to rights

Get clear and take the turn

On the other hand it was the ginger one........

rogerfal

Super Anarchist
Cornwall
My annual Simpsons "Old man shakes fist at cloud" moment....in an age where every kid has a drone, we have to put up with this crap coverage and peter shipways commentary...on everything WOXI, Comanche and (with just 2 concessions) Sydney based boats...

How 'bout some coverage of the other starts? some run down on the "real race " favourites? Ok...I'll calm down now...until next year!!
Pile off shite as in agree

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainbow Spirit

Anarchist
Sydney, Aus
The Clipper boats are built like brick shithouses, made that way to not break in the middle of an ocean storm, speed is way down their list with their design priorities. Me thinks their mast was profiled off a power pole.

rogerfal

Super Anarchist
Cornwall
hoppy said:
Switched over to the cricket to see David Warner on 99 and make a complete balls up of a shot, falling on his knees in disgust as he got caught. Only to be called back because it was a no ball.

England LOL
prefer the rugby myself - even league...

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
Seeing an add for Super Foilers here.
Was that the most lame advert ever? I snored thru the second part - but what i saw showed some pickle fork on stalled foils, then a nosedive and a clown trapeezing thru the air....barely foiling and nuthin super. Bring back the 18's with the "beep" free audio for a larf!

Your Mom

Super Anarchist
San Antonio, TX
random said:
Read that, but it was a port starboard whatever the rules say.
I posted it so people could read about the potential penalties.  Hopefully everyone agrees it's clear-cut that WOXI is in the wrong.  I can't imagine anyone arguing otherwise successfully.

Spectacular scenes & cool boats....we in the colonies are grateful for any coverage we can get.  And you blokes get to watch foilers on TV?  Sheet!  Oh well, back to the endless drivel of hot rod car rebuild shows.

eastern motors

Anarchist
Anywhere to watch the start replay?

Youtube says the PGA European tour has claimed copyright violation.  WTF

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyoboy

Youtube is showing: This video contains content from the PGA European Tour, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. 

Does anyone have a working link for the replay?

Get it together CYCA!

RKoch

Super Anarchist
da 'burg
random said:
So the rules do not provide for DSQ, just a time penalty?

That means that it is possible to get a largish time penalty and still finish in front of the boat you infringed?
Jury can still dsq if they think it's warranted. WOXI could have done penalty turns and still beaten Commanche at Hobart, so no different than time penalty. Penalty is likely harsher than doing turns.