Sydney To Hobart 2018

Rushman

FIIGS
Melbourne, Aust
I would have saved the petrol (Sorry!)
All good, the Hobie is for shits and giggles sailing at Marlo on the Snowy River with the non sailing extended family.  The plan is to find one with some interest, then tackle the entrance and go for an ocean sail.

As an added bonus the trip was also a mercy mission to pick up a bag of drugs for the brother in law (PTSD after serving OS)

Went up via the coast and came back via Canberra so not guilty Rushman
Good option, the Hume is my preferred option too.  

oneiron

Well, that's the hard part out of the way, having the balls to protest it.

Regardless of the outcome, that was the very right and very smart thing to do by the RC.

Hope it doesn't open up a rat hole, ie: who-else-was-naughty?
I’d say they are ticking boxes to keep sponsors and all concerned happy. Not much with happen apart from a bit of news on 7 in the morning. 

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
If they get flicked for the second time in 2 years, I wonder if the family might dispense with his services for next year?
The old man would be close. Current generation are soft cocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
I'm not an Oats fanboi, but I respect their program greatly.  But for the last few years I have wondered whether Ricko is the right person to "represent their brand" as the movers and shakers say today.

I think he has fucked up a number of times lately - bearing in mind that I haven't have the responsibility of starting a boat of that size.

He shut down the Big Fella a couple of years ago - "I know that...", and Ian Murray wasn't apparently in the "picture" for the infamous tack last year.   MR didn't do himself any favours over that incident with his public pronouncements.  And now, foot in mouth disease again.  It's understandable that some people perceive him to be a cunt with no respect for the rules.

In my opinion, the Oatley family are not being served well.  I would expect they would be worrying about the repeated stains on their family name from this one source.  I would not be surprised to see a development, and I would be surprised to see no development, despite the close family and business ties. 

SPORTSCAR

Super Anarchist
All good, the Hobie is for shits and giggles sailing at Marlo on the Snowy River with the non sailing extended family.  The plan is to find one with some interest, then tackle the entrance and go for an ocean sail.

As an added bonus the trip was also a mercy mission to pick up a bag of drugs for the brother in law (PTSD after serving OS)

Good option, the Hume is my preferred option too.  
Thanks to your BIL for his service. Sorry to learn he has PTSD issues as a result.

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Times up for Ichi with 6 nm DTG doing 6kts. Alive clears first and largest Tatts hurdle. Question now is whether it is WOX or Ichi which keeps Voodoo and @Couta off the podium.
Well Jack you tipped this right on the button mate. Very impressed as you did it a long way out really. Congrats I burnt my money on the Chief and Ichi Ban. It's all part of the fun.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
overlay said:
Didn't Richo dodge a bullet with a  RC investigation into lack of HF reporting at Green Cape a few years back?

Will this hearing be any different?

Time will tell.
7 or 8 years ago? No different International Jury. They shouldn't have been DSQ as their delay was a blown fuse and they got HF up and going shortly afterward. Controversy was distance they travelled in that period without penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahina

Well, that's the hard part out of the way, having the balls to protest it.

Regardless of the outcome, that was the very right and very smart thing to do by the RC.

Hope it doesn't open up a rat hole, ie: who-else-was-naughty?
I checked AIS a couple of times on the 27th and neither Oats or Infotrak were showing. 

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Well Jack you tipped this right on the button mate. Very impressed as you did it a long way out really. Congrats I burnt my money on the Chief and Ichi Ban. It's all part of the fun.
Thanks.Subject to any on the water, which I can't see now with Voodoo on the podium that is the Trifecta in order and I think made over a week ago.