Tack Tick Displays not working

ftbinc

Chciago
about 3 weeks ago, the analog wind display stopped displaying data a would not autonetwork back into the system. Two weeks ago the two line digital display dropped out. I have tried to re-network them, but no-go. Anyone know how to get these to talk with each other again? Is there something I'm missing?

Ocean View

Australia
Did you put them all close to each other?

ie within 30cms of each other?

It's possible the battery power is low and it can't see it.

Do a health check and see how much battery charge is in the other displays and senders.

It's possible the batteries are on the masthead unit are their way out - hence you've lost signal strength and the networking connection

George Hackett

Super Anarchist
how old are these units? i have some original 2007 readouts that still work and some that just completely crapped out. the stuff back then was real hit or miss. the key to these products and that you never allow the internal batteries to die. so when i am not sailing, i hook in a 9v battery to both transmitter. and both of my transmitters are the original stuff i bought in 2007.

as for the readouts? if i know that i am not going to sail for like several months, then i bake them in the sun every tow weeks whether the battery level indicator say they are fully charged or not.

it has always been the masthead units that were the problem for me. i am now on my third one. this one has lasted about four years so far. the first two lasted maybe a year and half each time.

now, i have broken down and ordered some replacements since Raymarine has taken over. i ordered a new grand-prix masthead unit, a hull transmitter, an NMEA transmitter, a new analog wind readout, and the e7 chartplotter to plug into the NMEA transmitter.

i am still waiting for the National Telecomunications Commision to issue me my permits so customs can clear my shippment. something i have never had to do in the past, oh well.

once they are up and running i will let you know how things work out.

ftbinc

Chciago
They are old - I'm thinking at least 4-5 years if not older. So battery replacement on the mast head unit may help, the display units also are out in the sun 100% of the time. the batteries may have given up the ghost...I just hate to throw good money after bad. I will take the advice and check the Health of the units

To answer the first question - yes I moved everything within 30 cm of each other and no change (except for the masthead unit) but if the hull unit connected, then I would have gone up and gotten the masthead and tried it as well.

the two display units we have are both crazed and may need to be replaced anyway. we are considering our options and might just use the Tackticks with the 0183 interface to go wireless to other types of displays... any ideas are welcome.

thanks

Ocean View

Australia
Batteries shouldn't be that expensive - if the units are old and you care to pull them apart any good battery supplier might be able to put a similar battery in them for reasonable cost. Biggest issue is size and voltage - there is another thread with pics regarding this on here somewhere.

I've successfully connected a simrad 0183 multi display to the tacktick nmea interface as a repeater display down below

Whatever you use just make sure it uses the same 0183 version will help make your life easier.

ftbinc

Chciago
the Simrad, even the 8 inch on is five figures...we are trying to do this on a budget. At this point old iphones/androids/readers with the proper software for displays with a 0183 wifi box...