Tack Tick Sailmaster depth display troubleshooting

Grizz

Beats the crap out of me
Northport, NY
I'm trying to help a friend with a 10 year old Tack Tick Sailmaster that recently stopped displaying depth. Before we dig up all of the well buried wiring to the transducer, I was wondering if we can at least check continuity to the transducer by reading the resistance across the corresponding pins at the multipin bulkhead connector. Is there a typical resistance reading across the transducer pins? If so, does anyone know the connector pinout, so I can figure out which pins to read?

Any help would be appreciated.

Grizz

Beats the crap out of me
Northport, NY
BTW, I called the Raymarine support number for help, got routed to level 2 support, but the rep i spoke with was unfamiliar with the Sailmaster. Does anyone know of a better path for information?

Grizz

Beats the crap out of me
Northport, NY
Thanks Ocean View- we still have the original manual, and as you noticed, it has no pin-outs for the connector. I called Raymarine service again, and spoke to somebody who had at least heard of the Sailmaster. He indicated that the depth transducer would appear to an ohmmeter as an open circuit even if it is connected and functional, and also that there are no currently available transducers that are compatible with the Sailmaster.

I guess we'll bite the bullet and dig out the wiring.