takacat or true kit inflatable catamaran tenders

chester

Super Anarchist
These are intriguing, especially to small cruisers where space is at a premium.

My only concern is that the open bow/stern design will allow water through in sporty conditions while you might be transporting goods that you need to keep dry, such as provisions. What's the cure for that?
5063646-BK000-ALT-OPEN.jpg

Startracker

Van Isl.
Are you sure? Consider that you may have been shaved by Hanlon's Razor. Don't take offense, it's just that maybe....
well, anything is possible, however unless stupidity has learned to steal dinghys from marinas I would say that the 4 confirmed cases I've discovered in the bay from the last month would suggest that it is in fact humans climbing onto boats and stealing them.  Occams razor would suggest that it is humans, Aldens razor would as well given that the same dinghy has been reported to be entering marinas shortly before it disappears. Maybe you have another razor to try?  While raccoons also have the opposable thumbs required to accomplish this, you'd need a lot of them, so Sagans razor would suggest that since the same vessel and reportedly same two humans were observed just beforehand, and no video of raccoons stealing dinghys has emerged... Yeah I'm pretty sure it's human fuckers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Startracker

Van Isl.
Funny how timing works out, given the description of the likely culprits, I made a few calls late last night because I had a suspicion I knew who might be involved, an anchor out I helped out a few times who turned out to have some pretty serious issues with substances and mental health.   Since I'm not mobile to go track them down, I asked someone else to have a little chat with him about it.  Mysteriously it turned up near the government dock within a couple hours... 1/2 of the lines that were cleanly cut with a knife, still attached to the dinghy.  Total coincidence of course, or maybe as @Max Rockatanskysuggests stupidity grew legs and opposable thumbs and did the cutting.   I know he's been repeatedly investigated by police over issues in the bay, I heard some of the other anchor outs ran him out of the bay because he was caught attempting to steal tools and a generator from a boat getting worked on.  if anyone else loses a dinghy on this end of the island, the rumour mill suggests he's taking them around the point and flogging them for cash in the gulf islands etc.  Less corroborated and less credible rumour suggests he may be hitting small(no cameras) marinas south as well.  

Last edited by a moderator:

mckenzie.keith

Aspiring Anarchist
Santa Cruz
These are intriguing, especially to small cruisers where space is at a premium.

My only concern is that the open bow/stern design will allow water through in sporty conditions while you might be transporting goods that you need to keep dry, such as provisions. What's the cure for that?
Not clear to me that the truekit has any less freeboard than many other dinghies. I mean, probably at the very front of the bow it is a tiny bit lower. But Usually bows are up a bit due to trim. The transom looks the same as other inflatables as far as I can see in the pitctures.