Tattoos, Smoking and "Class"

lasal

Super Anarchist
Denver
I say again, WHY?
The why, for tats, varies I'm sure, but it's about remembering, a need for permanence perhaps, and for neck face etc tats it's likely some sort of social statement that also likely varies.

Who knows and there are other things to wonder about. Like people who remove the mufflers from bikes or trucks or cars. WTF is that about? And I'm talking about the seriously loud variety that seems to be everywhere now.

It seems to me that it would suck being in the vehicle driving it. And don't bring up a loudish sports car or sportfish yacht, I'm talking the bike/truck/car that breaks the sound barrier without moving. What is the point of that? And they are everywhere. Thanks for your help, Blue Crab, I'm sure you'll have the answer.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
You are aware sailors are largely responsible for the popularity of modern tattoos, right?  If a tattoo makes you laugh or think of a memorable moment each time you see it that's a good thing.  There are a lot of really shitty tattoos out there that people regret, but there are equally as  many that are really artistic/cool.  

here are some people closer to your age with tattoos who are good examples of low-class people as examples...

Teddy Roosevelt

Winston Churchill

King George V

James Polk

Andrew Jackson
Funny. You younger bucks got anything to offer about why you'd put this ink from head to toe? I can almost grok men doing it becuz ... we're men goddammmit, but what's with the gals?

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
You are aware sailors are largely responsible for the popularity of modern tattoos, right?  If a tattoo makes you laugh or think of a memorable moment each time you see it that's a good thing.  There are a lot of really shitty tattoos out there that people regret, but there are equally as many that are really artistic/cool.  

here are some people closer to your age with tattoos who are good examples of low-class people as examples...

Teddy Roosevelt

Winston Churchill

King George V

James Polk

Andrew Jackson
Sailors, Fisherfolk..helps identify the bodies. 

burndoc

Super Anarchist
South Jersey
Never had a tattoo. Some are nice artwork when early. Sewed a lot of THUG LIFE tattoos back together. Definitely helps to align the incision together. I like when people say they get them for themselves but put them somewhere they cannot see

had a lady with second degrees burns on her chest right over a tat that read BLAZE. Irony

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Right?!

b728f30e0c0da4135f5d74024b9f7f33.jpg

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
Growing up in the '70s our next-door neighbor was a retired rail-road man,  who had been in the Navy as a young man - yep,   old guy with old, blurry-greenish tatoos you'd see when he mowed the lawn.

Never thought they were the least bit cool,  but then - I've always been half-a bubble off the popular sentiment.

Trovão

Super Anarchist
I never smoked (tried as a teen but couldn't stand it), but the names of my both kids tattooed on the inner side of the biceps of my both arms.

Class or not? No idea and really couldn't care less.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Jammer Six said:
Smoking is an auto-DSQ. For anyone, male or female. For anything, from racing to fucking to talking.

I always say they know themselves better than I ever will be able to. If, based on all that information, their (anyone's) conclusion is that they should smoke, I'm sure they're right, and I need nothing further to do with them. Once I recognize their conclusion, that's all I need to know.

Chicks with tattoos, however, are always more interesting than chicks without. It's an indication of an attitude thing.

If you're hooked up with a chick without tattoos, well, I'm sure it will all work out just fine. You wouldn't be interested in the chicks (and the attitudes) that interest me, and you don't need to worry about your woman dating me.
My best friend since childhood, the best man at my wedding, and they guy I can not talk to for months and we pick up like I saw him yesterday, is a chain smoker.

I wouldn't kill a friendship of 40+ years over something like that. His choices are his own. Yeah, I know he's killing himself, but in the big picture...he is who he is and I value him highly so it's not a factor. When I visit his house we tend to sit outside, not because I can't stand the smoke smell but because I am violently allergic to his cats.

I've been monogamous since long before tattoos on young women were a thing, back when women were bare under their arms but not below their waists...so body hair, tattoos, etc. really haven't ever been decision points for me. I did date one or two women who smoked back in the day. If she was worth it, you put up with it...though as an upfront it was a turnoff I clearly meet that outweighed that factor.

dreadom

Super Anarchist
Geelong
I’m eager for BC to explain exactly what he means by class?

Does he mean perceived social or economic status? Or perhaps to do with looking stylish? Or was he talking about decorum and etiquette?

Foreverslow

Super Anarchist
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/this-is-what-your-tatt-will-look-like-in-40-years-14-old-people-with-tattoos/news-story/c94ae9206051432dab2f636930dc0114

Some scary looking chicks on there.  I am wondering just how drunk do you have to be to hit on some of them..

http://www.kiwireport.com/tattoos-really-look-like-years-later-2pp/

Of course the worst ones are the chicks who have eyebrows tattooed on to save time doing makeup in the morning.

After a year or so, they always looks like crap...

Latest posts