Team American Magic

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
AmB2 had the fastest recorded race speed but hey 54 kts.. that’s not fast is it?

I think we will need to just calm down slightly on it’s really shit it wasn’t fast and the over exaggeration is getting thrown around
You can be fast in a straight line, but if its slow around corners, or if its too difficult to get the thing around a race course, straight line speed is irrelevant. You know that.

barfy

Super Anarchist
AmB2 had the fastest recorded race speed but hey 54 kts.. that’s not fast is it?

I think we will need to just calm down slightly on it’s really shit it wasn’t fast and the over exaggeration is getting thrown around
There was the"death wobble" bit,.I'm pretty sure it wasn't just deano shaking..

breezie

coromandel
My theory is that the death wobble indirectly contributed to the capsize. I think that the boat was shakn er arse and that is why they kept the runners on when they really shouldn't have they were using the runners to try and limit hull flex .... yeah they all said the runners didnt cause the capsize but the main was certainly hung up on it as they broached and launched.

Nauti Buoy

My theory is that the death wobble indirectly contributed to the capsize. I think that the boat was shakn er arse and that is why they kept the runners on when they really shouldn't have they were using the runners to try and limit hull flex .... yeah they all said the runners didnt cause the capsize but the main was certainly hung up on it as they broached and launched.
You really think the hull was flexing and it wasn’t hydrodynamic properties on the foils or most likely rudder causing it?

breezie

coromandel
You really think the hull was flexing and it wasn’t hydrodynamic properties on the foils or most likely rudder causing it?
yes i really think that .... my reasoning is that were the problem with the rudder itself they would have been able to fix it. It had to be something more intransigent like the design premise of the hull ... its arse was not stiff enough and had a twisting resonance ... very hard to fix after the fact but could be somewhat modified by the backstay forces.

Nauti Buoy

yes i really think that .... my reasoning is that were the problem with the rudder itself they would have been able to fix it. It had to be something more intransigent like the design premise of the hull ... its arse was not stiff enough and had a twisting resonance ... very hard to fix after the fact but could be somewhat modified by the backstay forces.
Twisting at that velocity is quite the claim. Also it was more in the wheel, if it was the hull you would have seen movement between the hull and boom/sails as we know the shaking didn’t effect the entire boat consistently.

breezie

coromandel
Twisting at that velocity is quite the claim. Also it was more in the wheel, if it was the hull you would have seen movement between the hull and boom/sails as we know the shaking didn’t effect the entire boat consistently.

Remember that the rudder is very long ! , A twisting of the hull that is imperceptible at deck level may result in mm of lateral movement at rudder tip . where else that at the wheel would this movement appear ? And the frequency is quite believable for a hull flex moment

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Yes I know that straight line speed isn’t the only way to get around a course.
I just think it’s pretty hilarious people that have likely never done more than 15 kn on the water state very calmly from their armchair as a matter o fact that the boat was a slow piece of shit.. It literally wasn’t

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Yes I know that straight line speed isn’t the only way to get around a course.
I just think it’s pretty hilarious people that have likely never done more than 15 kn on the water state very calmly from their armchair as a matter o fact that the boat was a slow piece of shit.. It literally wasn’t
Of course it wasn't slow, in terms of general speed. Was it slow relative to the other 2nd generation AC75's? The answer has to be yes, as there is no quantifiable way to prove otherwise.

Nauti Buoy

Remember that the rudder is very long ! , A twisting of the hull that is imperceptible at deck level may result in mm of lateral movement at rudder tip . where else that at the wheel would this movement appear ? And the frequency is quite believable for a hull flex moment
And the sail is even longer, would have seen movement there. Wasn’t the hull.

NZK

Anarchist
Roaming
Looks like there's been a 'youth' training or selection camp going on with some of the 69F foilers - I saw some pics on their instagram stories but can't locate them again to get screenshots of...

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
Looks like there's been a 'youth' training or selection camp going on with some of the 69F foilers - I saw some pics on their instagram stories but can't locate them again to get screenshots of...

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
GTran

Latest posts