Team Cork

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Much and all as I would love to see it here in Ireland, I don't think this has been properly thought out and will not be holding my breath.
Oh c’mon, with probably 8 to 10 syndicates coming for 3 or 4 years and hundreds upon hundreds of Super Yachts who will all spend $Billions in Cork, well.. They’d be fools to not mortgage their future to GD & Co! 

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
Dalts is not anything like my teacher, he is a pretty successful sailor and CEO of an amazing sporting team. He can do without slanderous accusations by anominous serial shit posters on SA. 

Besides, I may be a school kid, but we are all growing older, and not many on SA have grown up, actually!
Hey FB? Have you taken over from 4? Just askin for a friend. ;-)

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Hey FB? Have you taken over from 4? Just askin for a friend. ;-)
No, don't worry. I just had enough of Pissie Gissie's vile shit posting.

I’m not even a Kiwi and not a fan of anything or anyone, but I do have quite a few Kiwi's in my fanclub.  :lol:

Tell your friend...

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Oh c’mon, with probably 8 to 10 syndicates coming for 3 or 4 years and hundreds upon hundreds of Super Yachts who will all spend $Billions in Cork, well.. They’d be fools to not mortgage their future to GD & Co! 
Oh a warm welcome guaranteed and plenty of craic ....we shall see.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Oh a warm welcome guaranteed and plenty of craic ....we shall see.
That's for sure, still feeling hung over from 2 stopovers quite a while ago.

But seriously, I think it could be a great success, with a huge English and European interest. With Covid hopefully gone, and a recovering economy, I can see several new entries, and a very big spectator fleet.

Oh, and thanks for getting back to the subject, Paddywanker, that's what it sounds like to me at least. But you undoubtedly are the real Irish thing, unlike a ... Paddywhacker.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=paddywhackery&amp=true

Last edited by a moderator:

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
I just can't see why Cork/Ireland would want to put up more than the Kiwis for this. I have no doubt the craic would be good. But the money?

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I missed most of TE's show today but during what I caught toward the end he said TH can't make it at the show's time on Friday, live. They will record something on Thursday then TE will show it Friday. And TH will go live soon enough after. Anyway, since TE asked those of us attending:

What Q's do folks have, for TH? 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Dated, but uploaded just now to YT. Scroll to around 9:15

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Pissie, you're such a sad joke, tell me more about sailing with Grunter Dalts, if you like.

Sober up and G'night...
You make up shit about me sailing with Dalts and want me to join 8n with your shit?

To paraphrase the old saying, at least I can sober up, you will always be a dickhead. Sad, but you do need to learn to live with it Bitter. Although it does explain your name..

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
from America’s Cup would be major boost for Baltimore and Schull | Southern Star

He said events would take place in the area between Waterford Harbour and Dingle,  with the actual racing concentrating on the area around Cork Harbour to Youghal, and taking in Baltimore.

‘A funding package of hundreds of millions of euro will be secured if we get this as it would be like bringing an Olympics game style event to West Cork which is unheard of in Irish sporting history. The economic benefit of this would be at least €1bn over three years,’ he said.

Charlie Bolger, Commodore of Baltimore Yacht Club said the opportunities the event would present for West Cork were very exciting.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Is it me or did that article just name 4 different random locations in Ireland that are nowhere near each other or cork?

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Now I see why, the article claims that all harbours within 100km of cork will get major upgrades from it. No doubt the improvements will be made by leprechauns and the yachts flown in by porcine airways who will be paid by this £1bn boost. Good to see the Guinness and Jameson's still flows freely in ireland

Latest posts