Team Cork

pusslicker

Super Anarchist
Paris
Shows how closely I've not been following...

So, it'll be Irish Team New Zealand or Team Irish New Zealand

Then again, why not just call it Team Ireland?
Seriously. Why not? At least it would at least add some value to Ireland in what is a GD money grab.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
The name is still top of the sponsor list at the bottom...
That doesn't mean they are still the Sponsor. I would be surprised if they still are given how much a loss Airlines made because of the Pandemic!

That being said if Emirates is still in my money would be on Abu Dhabi or Dubai as Venue for AC37 given that Dalton said that an Auckland Defence is very small!

Gissie

Super Anarchist
That doesn't mean they are still the Sponsor. I would be surprised if they still are given how much a loss Airlines made because of the Pandemic!

That being said if Emirates is still in my money would be on Abu Dhabi or Dubai as Venue for AC37 given that Dalton said that an Auckland Defence is very small!
Wasn't the rumour that Emirates was investing money in sailing in GB. In which case they may want to have the event somewhere that helps this project. I wonder if they are giving Dalton Hobsons choice on venue? All the tendering crap could just be a smokescreen to enable Dalton to pretend he is still in charge.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Wasn't the rumour that Emirates was investing money in sailing in GB. In which case they may want to have the event somewhere that helps this project. I wonder if they are giving Dalton Hobsons choice on venue? All the tendering crap could just be a smokescreen to enable Dalton to pretend he is still in charge.
Well, we can wait 3 1/2 more weeks, can we :)

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
GD always claims at the end of any campaign ‘We are completely broke’ with the open guitar case on the floor and yes, contracts like with Emirates most likely do have that end-date. It doesn’t mean they won’t re-up, guess we’ll see. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand

I doubt Emirates would let anyone use their trademark if they weren't involved. They're in. 

pusslicker

Super Anarchist
Paris
I doubt Emirates would let anyone use their trademark if they weren't involved. They're in. 
If they paid for a certain amount of time for their advertising why would they take it down early? They said they were fucking out. Wishful thinking isn't going to make them be in.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Still can’t get over this  preposterous headline :D

State to face €200m bill if it wins bid to host yacht race, officials say

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
There’s IMO no chance anyone sane in Ireland will want to ‘win’ that! Lol. Great chance it will stay in Auckland where it belongs - and yes I will make that trip. 

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
If they paid for a certain amount of time for their advertising why would they take it down early? They said they were fucking out. Wishful thinking isn't going to make them be in.
Why would they pay for advertising if they weren't going to get any? They never said they were out. The speculation was that they were out because of Covid.