Team NYYC

Terry Hollis

Super Anarchist
It says stars and stripes raced for nyyc in 2003.

Is my memory failing me? As far as I remember once Dennis made the move to SDYC he never went back.
Stars and Stripes raced for San Diego in 2003 .. The NYYC did not compete.

The last AC event for the NYYC was 2000 where they were the COR against TNZ but they did not make it through the Louis Vuitton .. Their boat was Young America sailed by Ed Baird.

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Stars and Stripes raced for San Diego in 2003 .. The NYYC did not compete.

The last AC event for the NYYC was 2000 where they were the COR against TNZ but they did not make it through the Louis Vuitton .. Their boat was Young America sailed by Ed Baird.
Cheers Terry I thought so.

Typically sloppy NZ "journalism"

Indio

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Dont be so sure. The recent generation of hot young guns on the match racing circuit have been foiling or sailing fast multis. For experience and tactics on slow hybrid (at least some soft sails) monohulls, don't be surprised to see some older guys recruited by the teams. 

Sailing those monoliths will require patience, wisdom, experience. Brad butter-worth might be called back into section.
Yep...back to the future. Terry Hutchinson (49) - good to see him back. Going back to monos has thrown a life-line to some of the more mature legends of the AC. Look at the roster for ETNZ in AC32, the last time monos were sailed:

Skipper / Helmsman    Dean Barker (NZL)
Tactician    Terry Hutchinson (USA)
Navigator    Kevin Hall (USA)
Strategist    Ray Davies (NZL)
Traveller/Up the mast    Adam Beashel (AUS)
Pit    Barry Mckay (NZL)
Runner /Pit    Tony Rae (NZL)
Mainsail Trimmer    Don Cowie (NZL)
Main Grinder    Chris Ward (NZL)
Trimmer Upwind    Grant Loretz (NZL) [5]
Trimmer Downwind    James Dagg (NZL)
Grinder    Rob Waddell (NZL)
Grinder    Jono McBeth (NZL)
Mast    Matt Mason (NZL)
Floater    Grant Dalton (NZL)
Mid-Bow    Richard Meacham (NZL)
Bow    Jeremy Lomas (NZL)

rgeek

Super Anarchist
An evil empire team back by Trump supporters, another from the Italian style crowd, a Great British gentlemen and players team backed by the spoils of the Raj and the gritty Kiwis getting on by rubbing a few farthings together, bailer twine and ingenuity.

What was that that GD was saying about a pantomime?

I swear time must be running backwards.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Sorry, unless I misunderstand your post, I should have been clearer. I was wondering if you get the impression from Dalts or elsewhere that North and it's subsidiaries might get a sole - sourced contract for the wing/sail combo as a one-design part, or whether there is a carveout to entice this Quantum team to challenge, or finally whether that part of the boat would likely remain box - rule controlled only
Open sails is my understanding.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Dont be so sure. The recent generation of hot young guns on the match racing circuit have been foiling or sailing fast multis. For experience and tactics on slow hybrid (at least some soft sails) monohulls, don't be surprised to see some older guys recruited by the teams. 

Sailing those monoliths will require patience, wisdom, experience. Brad butter-worth might be called back into section.
Dennis is 300 pounds and like looks like he's 100 years old!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
An evil empire team back by Trump supporters, another from the Italian style crowd, a Great British gentlemen and players team backed by the spoils of the Raj and the gritty Kiwis getting on by rubbing a few farthings together, bailer twine and ingenuity.

What was that that GD was saying about a pantomime?

I swear time must be running backwards.
wait'll you see the wars between the italian teams who HATE each other...it'll be like a full on soap opera!

WetHog

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD USA
Where'd this 'casper' shit come from?  
I started calling him Casper back when he sailed for ETNZ in Valencia.  I remember not knowing who he was and seeing him on a boat feed during a race with all that white sunblock all over his face yelling at someone or someone and I thought "Casper, the friendly ghost".  Stinger calling him that recently is the 1st time I can remember someone other than me calling him Casper.  

30jh850.jpg

54uf55.jpg

Paul Cayard was "The Stache" for me, even when he shaved his stache off, and Terry Hutchinson is "Casper".  

WetHog   :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I started calling him Casper back when he sailed for ETNZ in Valencia.  I remember not knowing who he was and seeing him on a boat feed during a race with all that white sunblock all over his face yelling at someone or someone and I thought "Casper, the friendly ghost".  Stinger calling him that recently is the 1st time I can remember someone other than me calling him Casper.  

Paul Cayard was "The Stache" for me, even when he shaved his stache off, and Terry Hutchinson is "Casper".  

WetHog   :ph34r:
Ok hoggie.  given the way online discussions have devolved into nicknames and political wars are characterized by idiots calling people stupid nicknames, i recoil at the laziness of calling people by silly names.

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
UT
Ok hoggie.  given the way online discussions have devolved into nicknames and political wars are characterized by idiots calling people stupid nicknames, i recoil at the laziness of calling people by silly names.
So, is it Allen from now on then?