Team NYYC

jsn7821

Yeah at 2:47:30 they start turning basically on the "2" part of the count. Whoever's voice was that didn't want to make the turn that quickly. Unless it was DB and then that's confusing. 

I remember thinking live that the coms messed up and that was why it was out of sync. Weren't the commentators talking about how it seemed like no one could hear DB? Or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

jsn7821

Rewatching the crash you can hear an audible crack when the foil touches back down after being airborne (unless that's something slapping the water)

DayTripper

Anarchist
Te Ika a Maui
I’m not so familiar with decimal odds, but does that mean you can place equal money on all the challengers (US, UK and Italy) and provided NZ don’t win you’ll still make a profit?
Very close to the same profit you'd make if you put a challenger's worth of money on ETNZ and it won.

edit...Oops, in one case only, otherwise  a load of rubbish, disregard.

Sea Breeze 74

Anarchist
NZL
Look Terry and Deano make an awful tactical combination..  Goes all the way back to the 2007 America’s Cup.  Hutch and Deano REFUSED to take the right off the starts.  Race after race they allowed Alinghi the right and Alinghi bludgeoned them tack after tack and reduced ETNZ to a pile of rubble.  

They don’t make the best sailing decisions, been like that for years..
Exactly my thought when I heard that both are in the same team again.
Hell yes. I've bitched about TH calls in Valencia right here before

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
Just doesn’t look like the best position to be as a tactician whilst doing 40 + knots.

TH smacks a bit of Lord Daltons efforts in San Fransisco.

9E1A846A-3D5E-444F-B484-BEF9F1DCC6EA.jpeg

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
Except Daly’s wasn’t calling tactics. Davies was wasn’t he 
Based on what was seen today Casper can’t multi task nor should he being no spring chicken his wattage output would not exactly be optimum the sunglasses went west in a desperate search for clarity and he was oh so quiet.

nav

Super Anarchist
Decent lead, one leg to go, squall coming, go high risk?

Make American Magic Great Again

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
Something definitely broke off when it hit.

You can see it floating in the wake, I thought it was a crew-member at first.

Might be something from the cockpit but I'm betting hinge cover from the timing.

Edit:

Just popping up here above the USA

5OpaXdV.png

Edit2: the floating bit Nav points out in the foreground

v0yX0fs.png

nav

Super Anarchist
Saw something (black carbon) further out to stb just as the first chase boat came in

2:49:16