Texas-style Gun Law

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I thought it was obvious that this thread is based on a proposal. Sloops and everyone else understood, but I guess some other folks need a bit of guidance.
I've noticed that over the last 2 years there has been an ever increasing need for the purple font or laugher emoticons.

Senses of humour appear to have been another casualty of Covid.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I've noticed that over the last 2 years there has been an ever increasing need for the purple font or laugher emoticons.

Senses of humour appear to have been another casualty of Covid.
Especially today since I live at ground zero - my neighborhood is in the weird space of nonincorporated which means fireworks are legal, so last night as always they started at dark peaked around midnight and didn't stop until 2AM. In the past I would just take a walk after 1AM with a bright flashlight and get close while shining in the faces until they quit. My better half begged me to stop so i have. Imagine if you will a huge display and you are in the middle. These are commercial grade ones that sound like mortars then bombs when they explode.  I posted on the neighborhood FB page today

On the 12th day of Christmas the fireworks gave to me

Another case of PTSD.

So, cut me some slack jaks. I mean nothing surprises me anymore living here. And likely to get a repeat of the festivities until the handful of assholes run out of ammo - usually takes a few days. The past year or so the decibel level has gotten to defcon 5 as in deafening. It's twice a year and sucks worse every time. Several suburbs in Texas have the same issues but freedumb reigns so fuggaboutit.

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
The past year or so the decibel level has gotten to defcon 5 as in deafening. It's twice a year and sucks worse every time.

I daresay it's much the same - you're just getting older. ;)

I've noticed that the only noise that doesn't bother me more as I age is the sound of crying babies.

When I became a grandpa I noticed that they didn't bother me.

Everything else does though - I don't even like loud exhausts on hot cars anymore.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
The past year or so the decibel level has gotten to defcon 5 as in deafening. It's twice a year and sucks worse every time.

I daresay it's much the same - you're just getting older. ;)

I've noticed that the only noise that doesn't bother me more as I age is the sound of crying babies.

When I became a grandpa I noticed that they didn't bother me.

Everything else does though - I don't even like loud exhausts on hot cars anymore.
Nope. If you go to a big fireworks display and see the big ones going off start with a boom and then explode a couple of times in the air? That's what people get now - to the point that strings of fire crackers can't even be heard.  I made the mistake of going out at midnight without ear protection and my ears are still ringing.  In Texas there is no noise ordinance only a nuisance one which is almost impossible to enforce. The aholes in the neighborhood invite all their homies to come and gather to celebrate.  Imagine if you will the community fireworks display is held in your backyard. If you can. Now imagine that for 8 hours. I am not making this up.

I don't bullshit nor exaggerate and am not alone in being frustrated but it's not fighting city hall its fighting Texas freedumbs.  We may well give up and move this year - one of our best friends is a long time realtor who lives close by and is also beyond frustrated.

Besides Fourth of July and New Year's, Texas counties have the choice of also including Texas Independence Day (March 2), San Jacinto Day (April 21), Cinco de Mayo (May 5), and Memorial Day. You can use fireworks any day of the year as long as they are not banned in the area you live.

Mike G

Super Anarchist
Ventura County, CA
Before my father retired from Los Angeles Fire Department, they used to pull the fire trucks out onto the apron, and park their

personal vehicles inside a few nights a year.  WAY less chance of bullet damage from above.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Nope. If you go to a big fireworks display and see the big ones going off start with a boom and then explode a couple of times in the air? That's what people get now - to the point that strings of fire crackers can't even be heard.  I made the mistake of going out at midnight without ear protection and my ears are still ringing.  In Texas there is no noise ordinance only a nuisance one which is almost impossible to enforce. The aholes in the neighborhood invite all their homies to come and gather to celebrate.  Imagine if you will the community fireworks display is held in your backyard. If you can. Now imagine that for 8 hours. I am not making this up.

I don't bullshit nor exaggerate and am not alone in being frustrated but it's not fighting city hall its fighting Texas freedumbs.  We may well give up and move this year - one of our best friends is a long time realtor who lives close by and is also beyond frustrated.
On the plus side, if you go burn their house down, the cops will assume the dumbshit did it himself.

- DSK

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy

Killjoy......

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
On the plus side, if you go burn their house down, the cops will assume the dumbshit did it himself.

- DSK
New year's Eve saw our family do it's usual thing of walking up the nearest hill.

The illegal fireworks being set off around the compass make for some cheap entertainment.

The occasional finger/hand flying through the air only adds to my enjoyment!

WhoaTed

Anarchist
Holland, MI
Yup, one Solas grade marine flare through the window and it's toast.
Oh boy, you shouldn’t have said that. There are some Grade-A assholes several houses down that fire off the “big stuff” and don’t know when to quit. Within legal hours I accept even though I don’t like it (and my dog freaks out the entire time), but 1, 2, 3am is BULLSHIT. They’ve been talked to by several people in the neighborhood which only gets you laughed at and harassed the rest of the year. The sheriff? Bwaahah, useless for shit like this. Real white trash these fuckers are.

A moonlight stroll with a flare or two around the front of the house while they get their yeehaw on in the back of the property is a sketchy, illegal but interesting idea. Not that I would be involved in anything like that, at worst there could be kids or others inside and at best you’re an arsonist. But still…how do you teach these fucks a lesson?

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Interesting. My brother posted a plea on FB the other day, showing his dog shivering and freaking out despite a "Thunder Vest". He lives in the Czech Republic, and apparently its a day or two of fairly regular mortars and pyrotechnics.

Cool dog: they do orienteering type running races together. They've won 40lb bags of dog food and such together.

WhoaTed

Anarchist
Holland, MI
Interesting. My brother posted a plea on FB the other day, showing his dog shivering and freaking out despite a "Thunder Vest". He lives in the Czech Republic, and apparently its a day or two of fairly regular mortars and pyrotechnics.
Yeah my dog wears his vest and gets dosed with trazadone ahead of time; we close the windows, hang out in the basement, doesn’t help…he freaks out the entire time. Again, within legal hours? We don’t like the mortars etc but deal with it. All night long? These ignorant fucks need to get a message that will make an impact. No one has figured out what “the message” should be…yet.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Oh boy, you shouldn’t have said that. There are some Grade-A assholes several houses down that fire off the “big stuff” and don’t know when to quit. Within legal hours I accept even though I don’t like it (and my dog freaks out the entire time), but 1, 2, 3am is BULLSHIT. They’ve been talked to by several people in the neighborhood which only gets you laughed at and harassed the rest of the year. The sheriff? Bwaahah, useless for shit like this. Real white trash these fuckers are.

A moonlight stroll with a flare or two around the front of the house while they get their yeehaw on in the back of the property is a sketchy, illegal but interesting idea. Not that I would be involved in anything like that, at worst there could be kids or others inside and at best you’re an arsonist. But still…how do you teach these fucks a lesson?
Shoot the flare over the roof?

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Yeah my dog wears his vest and gets dosed with trazadone ahead of time; we close the windows, hang out in the basement, doesn’t help…he freaks out the entire time. Again, within legal hours? We don’t like the mortars etc but deal with it. All night long? These ignorant fucks need to get a message that will make an impact. No one has figured out what “the message” should be…yet.
Buddy up to 'em, invite yourself to their little fireworks display, spike their drinks with LSD.

They'll forget to set off the fireworks and just roll around on the grass laughing. And hopefully the next day will have a better appreciation for peace love and understanding.

Alternatively, add a few bouncing betties to their fireworks collection.

- DSK

WhoaTed

Anarchist
Holland, MI
Buddy up to 'em, invite yourself to their little fireworks display, spike their drinks with LSD.

They'll forget to set off the fireworks and just roll around on the grass laughing. And hopefully the next day will have a better appreciation for peace love and understanding.

- DSK
PM sent, let’s talk.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
One of the responses I got on the neighborhood FB page was the laff emoji and "it's legal in Texas so light em up".   My response is the laff emoji and

"Great - I'm taking the midnight to 4am shift".

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

- DSK
People like that generally have bad trips.