The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

WakaNZ

Auckland
Q. Is this the first time in the history of the cup that a team has/is trying to set a rule beyond the next cycle? 

To which may follow, a new defender could simply write a new rule overruling anything prior? 

Getting heavy for a Friday afternoon, beer, I think I can finally stomach a beer after Wednesday night. 

Did you read the shit above?

If true that's exactly what they are trying.
They can try it, but we all know the NY courts will toss it if anyone challenges it.

It's like those indemnity forms you sign when you participate in anything dangerous (bungy jumping, skydiving etc), not really worth the paper they are written on. If you die, your family can still sue them and win.

Horn Rock

Super Anarchist
Byron Bay
10 mill for a proven boat would be cheap.
Wondering what ETNZ would change when they do build a new boat? TR looked very complete.....Maybe make a bit of room for an under deck boom ala LR? Looking at the stern cams, I suspect LR traveller was a teensy bit more responsive than TR's, and maybe quicker?......certainly much quieter......Their clew setup was cleaner.......

Liquid Assett NZ

Anarchist
Wellington
Wondering what ETNZ would change when they do build a new boat? TR looked very complete.....Maybe make a bit of room for an under deck boom ala LR? Looking at the stern cams, I suspect LR traveller was a teensy bit more responsive than TR's, and maybe quicker?......certainly much quieter......Their clew setup was cleaner.......
No enough room the deck is way lower on TR

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
I suspect ETNZ's B2 is underdeveloped and has significant potential, particularly in rig control. They were only just learning how to sail it. LR knew this.

WakaNZ

Auckland
I wonder if they will put her back in the water to see what she really could do in the 15-20 kts range with added sailing knowledge. Then again, by the time they sort the DoG the team will be back to rusty again. Would/Will be so good to see her fly again. 

Barnyb

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Ernesto asked to buy ETNZ's first boat and TNZ said - go away!

Now the Protocol slams the door on non-national crew.

There seems to be a theme here - and good job!

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
They can try it, but we all know the NY courts will toss it if anyone challenges it.

It's like those indemnity forms you sign when you participate in anything dangerous (bungy jumping, skydiving etc), not really worth the paper they are written on. If you die, your family can still sue them and win.
I'm not suggesting they can get away with it. I'm suggesting that if that is what they are trying to get away with, they are hypocrites.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Ernesto asked to buy ETNZ's first boat and TNZ said - go away!

Now the Protocol slams the door on non-national crew.

There seems to be a theme here - and good job!
EB did a right number on us in 2003, there’s no love lost between the two syndicates, even after 17 years 

WakaNZ

Auckland
Left field thinking....

The NZ govt need to think smarter, 65% of our teams cost is people. Instead of govt cash why not remove GST and Income tax for the team and crew?

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
As much as I don’t like EB, it would be morally wrong to stop him competing by bringing rule after rule making life hard for him.  No syndicate should engineer the rules to stop another.

I agree with one boat to keep  costs down and the nationality rule. But that’s is we’re it should end.