The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
In that Sail World article, Mark Jardine includes LE and Oracle in the 'rumoured to be interested' category alongside EB....

Anyone else heard about this? That would be a turn-up - Larry could get Jimmy back and skin the rest of the AM crew from under Terry's nose.
Elon Musk too, now that would be very cool.

pusslicker

Super Anarchist
Paris
In that Sail World article, Mark Jardine includes LE and Oracle in the 'rumoured to be interested' category alongside EB....

Anyone else heard about this? That would be a turn-up - Larry could get Jimmy back and skin the rest of the AM crew from under Terry's nose.
LE seemed done after 34. While EB may be back I don't think Larry ever will.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Does anyone have a list of all the CORs in the various editions of the Cup since the CSS were introduced?
And if this list does not exist, maybe our Cup historians can help to compile one?
@~HHN92~ @WetHog @~Stingray~~

I'l start with the easy ones, well, not sure about the Swedes tho:

AC32: Golden Gate Yacht Club
AC33: no CoR
AC34: Club Nautico di Roma, then Kungliga Svenska Segelsällskapet
AC35: Hamilton Island Yacht Club, then Circolo della Vela Sicilia gave all rights to a challenger commission and withdrew
AC36: Circolo della Vela Sicilia
AC37: Royal Yacht Squadron

Last edited by a moderator:

strider470

Super Anarchist
And if this list does not exist, maybe our Cup historians can help to compile one?
@~HHN92~ @WetHog @~Stingray~~

I'l start with the easy ones, well, not sure about the Swedes tho:

AC32: Golden Gate Yacht Club
AC34: Club Nautico di Roma, then Kungliga Svenska Segelsällskapet
AC35: Hamilton Island Yacht Club, then Circolo della Vela Sicilia gave all rights to a challenger commission and withdrew
AC36: Circolo della Vela Sicilia
AC37: Royal Yacht Squadron
Thanks! I add some Italian COR

AC26 (1987 - Fremantle - Australia): Yacht Club Costa Smeralda - Azzurra (ITA)
AC27 (1988 - San Diego - USA): DoG Match
AC28 (1992 - San Diego - USA):
AC29 (1995 - San Diego - USA):
AC30 (2000 - Auckland - New Zealand):
AC31 (2003 - Auckland - New Zealand): Yacht Club Punta Ala - Luna Rossa (ITA)
AC32 (2007 - Valencia - Spain (Switzerland): Golden Gate Yacht Club - BMW Oracle Racing (USA)
AC34: Club Nautico di Roma - Mascalzone Latino(ITA), then Kungliga Svenska Segelsällskapet
AC35: Hamilton Island Yacht Club, then Circolo della Vela Sicilia gave all rights to a challenger commission and withdrew
AC36: (2021 - Auckland - New Zealand): Circolo della Vela Sicilia - Luna Rossa (ITA)
AC37: (202x - ???): Royal Yacht Squadron

idontwan2know

Super Anarchist

Everybody's interested until it's time to cut the check.

I don't think Larry will be interested in supporting Sail GP and an AC team unless Sail GP becomes self-sustaining (not likely).

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
In order to beat NZ they need a Dream of Gift, not the Deed of Gift
Given how fucking far behind INEOS were, I suspect you are right.

The only possibility is if they are allowed to develop a bunch more foils, rigs, etc and then who knows? Perhaps?

It would be Benny's backyard after all and that will give him an advantage in terms playing the shifts etc.

strider470

Super Anarchist
Given how fucking far behind INEOS were, I suspect you are right.

The only possibility is if they are allowed to develop a bunch more foils, rigs, etc and then who knows? Perhaps?

It would be Benny's backyard after all and that will give him an advantage in terms playing the shifts etc.
Hope they both stop playing the shi(f)ts