The Australian Sailing and RQYS Kabuki Theatre Thread

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Some clubs are looking at other income streams like opening Gyms or medical centres. One club I know would do very well to open a Gynaecology and Proctology clinic because the place is full of cunts and arseholes.
What do you mean, the club has an alternative income stream.

It is called the 592 members who have long term leases in Marina 1.

They would be the members paying about $3000.00 this year to be members and subsidize all the others.

Of course it no surprise that all but maybe two of these members race their keelboats at other clubs now.

But that might be also because only club members are allowed to crew on the boats of club member owners.

So everyone has gone elsewhere.

Great way to marginalize your long terms owners.

Even the Etchells barely get 5 boats for a club race now.

Of course the Finn fleet seems to be thriving.

Reap what you sew!

What do you mean, the club has an alternative income stream.

It is called the 592 members who have long term leases in Marina 1.

They would be the members paying about $3000.00 this year to be members and subsidize all the others.

Of course it no surprise that all but maybe two of these members race their keelboats at other clubs now.

But that might be also because only club members are allowed to crew on the boats of club member owners.

So everyone has gone elsewhere.

Great way to marginalize your long terms owners.

Even the Etchells barely get 5 boats for a club race now.

Of course the Finn fleet seems to be thriving.

Reap what you sew!
I think it's closer to $7000 per annum - $3000 per six months for the berth plus $1000 for membership. I've heard on the grapevine that a scooter racing track is planned for a soon to be vacated hardstand spot... watch this space

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
astro said:
OK, just curious, what grounds?
The old chestnut of engaging in Facebook posts about handicaps!

and there was the deletion of posts by the administrator over on Seabreeze.com.au

Sure it will be all be fixed tomorrow

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
Of course the Finn fleet is thriving...they look after themselves, focus on fun and sharing ideas...and have the awesome Pencil driving the show. He's built a fleet from just 3 to regular turn-outs of over 20 boats. Fraternity, fun, learning together and a few beers.....That is how you do it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rum Monkey

Anarchist
Of course the Finn fleet is thriving...they look after themselves, focus on fun and sharing ideas...and have the awesome Pencil driving the show. He's built a fleet from just 3 to regular turn-outs of over 20 boats. Fraternity, fun, learning together and a few beers.....That is how you do it!
and we are off to do that this arvo

LB 15

Cunt
astro said:
Fair enough then, but what was the club rule that broke, must have said surely.
The club claimed the competitor was banned because he were in breach of rule 69 - despite the competitor having never had a rule 69 complaint made against them nor having ever been found in breach of rule 69.

And they have never had the stones to actually attempt to bring a rule 69 complaint against the competitor (a professional sailor) because they know that he would drag them into a court and layout all their shit for the all world to see - without there usual threat to sue anyone who dares to complain about their behavior.

That day will come...

Last edited by a moderator:

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist
The club claimed the competitor was banned because he were in breach of rule 69 - despite the competitor having never had a rule 69 complaint made against them nor having ever been found in breach of rule 69.

And they have never had the stones to actually attempt to bring a rule 69 complaint against the competitor (a professional sailor) because they know that he would drag them into a court and layout all their shit for the all world to see - without there usual threat to sue anyone who dares to complain about their behavior.

That day will come...
Actually LB old mate, Astro was asking about what rule I had broken to be banned from a small country club after sailing as a crew member in one twilight race and one harbour race.

Funnily enough they have told the owner (who wasn't on board at the time) and the skipper that I'm not welcome. But they haven't told me.

I think I will write to them and politely ask why. Stay tuned.

LB 15

Cunt
Actually LB old mate, Astro was asking about what rule I had broken to be banned from a small country club after sailing as a crew member in one twilight race and one harbour race.

Funnily enough they have told the owner (who wasn't on board at the time) and the skipper that I'm not welcome. But they haven't told me.

I know mate but any excuse for a good rant against the evil empire.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

Keep us informed. Could be entertaining.

I won't ask what you said/did...

FKT

Couta

Super Anarchist
Australia
^^^ Pencil is the Pied Piper of Australian Finn sailing...wherever he goes, he builds a fleet of Finns...using nothing more than encouragement, positive feedback, quality information, commitment, energy (!!) and a great sense of humour! He currently sails outta RQ....and yeah...he's convinced me to join the Finn fraternity...and I'm in Melbourne!

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
^^^ Pencil is the Pied Piper of Australian Finn sailing...wherever he goes, he builds a fleet of Finns...using nothing more than encouragement, positive feedback, quality information, commitment, energy (!!) and a great sense of humour! He currently sails outta RQ....and yeah...he's convinced me to join the Finn fraternity...and I'm in Melbourne!
If this is the sort of fleet of Finns he builds, count me in

Visit-Alanya-missfinland-misssuomi-misssuomi2018-alanyafinaldestination-alanya036.jpg