The Australian Sailing and RQYS Kabuki Theatre Thread

LB 15

Cunt
My understanding is that the by-laws apply to admission to the club, where as the RRS apply to entry into a race; two different things. This isn't much of a change. Any club can already determine who they do or don't give admission to their premises, in accordance with what ever their terms are.
They did. Their constitution did not previously say they could exclude you without reason. They have now attempted to modify it using by laws. The by law could not be more clear and specific. I wonder what brought on this change? 

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
astro said:
Wednesday afternoon is not an AS sanctioned event so they can make up whatever rules they like. 

Wednesday afternoon is not an AS sanctioned event so they can make up whatever rules they like...

..Don't ask me how I learned this"

Like don't ask you if you had read RQYS WAGS NOR and Sailing Instructions 2020.21 final copy

astro said:
Good work Jack-Boi!   Nice googling!  But who gives a fuck about Wednesday? 
"Wednesday afternoon is not an AS sanctioned event so they can make up whatever rules they like."

"But who gives a fuck about Wednesday?"

Is that a riddle?

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
...read RQYS WAGS NOR and Sailing Instructions 2020.21 final copy

No WAGs is conducted under the RRS by an AS affiliated club. They can not pick and choose which RRS they wish to use.
astro said:
My point is the same however and you apparently see that.  Can't have a conflict between the Constitution/By-Laws and the NOR/SI's.
You remove any conflict by inserting the relevant Constitution/By-Law in the NOR/SI's.

Whether that insertion then conflicts with the RRS or not, is up to competitors and or AS by sticking it up the arse of who ever inserted it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I wish there was someone from AS on here who could clarify how this works.

This, is going to be great!

https://www.rqys.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/RQYS-BY-LAWS-2020-v-1.9.pdf

My understanding is that the by-laws apply to admission to the club, where as the RRS apply to entry into a race; two different things. 
Seperate yes.

Club by-laws don't apply to RRS unless specified in NOR and SI's.

They have been introduced via by-laws ONLY and impact upon 'due process' concepts in the RRS. With AS knowledge and support, AS better buy lots of armour and ammunition. 

My understanding is that the by-laws apply to admission to the club, where as the RRS apply to entry into a race; two different things.
Read it again

iii) In reference to the RQYS Constitution and 4 b) ii) above, the word “admission” refers to admission to both the premises and to events, regattas, sailing races, competitions
I'm  sure AS will now take it upon themselves to point out the error to the club and have it rectified before sanctioning any further use of RRS by the club.
Thank you.
Get some guts and kick these them out of the sport, no that's right , they are your landlord so you are hopelessly compromised.

Why don't you get your Old based director to get off their arse and solve a problem.
"This, is going to be great!'

"With AS knowledge and support, AS better buy lots of armour and ammunition"

"Why don't you get your Old based director to get off their arse and solve a problem."

To avoid any confusion the battle lines in one picture.

- The 'Knight' circled in 'Black' is "promoting" a 'back-door' amendment to the RRS acting as a AS 'affiliated' sailing club and representing it's club members who are 'financial members' of AS.

- The 'Knights' circled in 'Green' are 'financial sailing members' of AS via that 'affiliated' sailing club and the ones impacted by this 'back-door' RRS amendment in AS sanctioned races conducted by the Black Knight.

- Also potentially impacted by this 'back-door' RRS amendment are other knights from other clubs who participate in the Black Knights AS sanctioned races.

- 'Australian Sailing' in 'Red' the peak body, represents the interests of all AS 'affiliated' sailing clubs AND all AS 'financial' sailing members, is now unofficially aware of this 'back-door' RRS amendment introduced by one of its affiliated clubs, the Black Knight.

IMG_20201216_202008.jpg

Now out with the popcorn as the knights with their peak representative body seperating them, works out what it's going to do.

- Will AS represent the interests of both parties or only one?

- Will the Black Knight do a UTurn or come out fighting with lawyers?

- Will AS be drawn into the fight and have to put on armour too?

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

View attachment 413780

Wright Way

I thought the reach of the powers of these people was getting a little bit beyond belief

Any Flag Officer or member of the General Committee shall have power to refuse or revoke the admission
conducted by the Squadron or any other Club, Association or organisation it may be associated or working in conjunction with from time to time
I can imagine they are associated with every club in the world in some way, insightful to the minds of the leadership team.

Wonder if they are planning to develop a military to enable them to enforce this power throughout the world, new WS boss country may not approve.

p.s. This thread makes for some of the most enjoyable reading on SA, please do keep us fully informed.

LB 15

Cunt
p.s. This thread makes for some of the most enjoyable reading on SA, please do keep us fully informed.
It might be worth paying the subscription to the Courier Mail online as well as that fine publication is covering events fairly closely. 

News about the Squadron appears in that paper almost as often as the crossword. 

And now that a group of past commodores have requested an Extraordinary General Meeting to investigate the Squadron finances the paper might need to have a reporter ‘embedded’ into the conflict zone to keep up. 

I wonder when the video of the 2018 club boxing championships held at Keppel bay marina will go up on YouTube? 

It might be worth paying the subscription to the Courier Mail online as well as that fine publication is covering events fairly closely. 

News about the Squadron appears in that paper almost as often as the crossword. 

And now that a group of past commodores have requested an Extraordinary General Meeting to investigate the Squadron finances the paper might need to have a reporter ‘embedded’ into the conflict zone to keep up. 
I'm getting Netflix as I hear there's a new series of 'The Royals' coming out but this one isn't about the Windsors!

LB 15

Cunt
"the word “admission” refers to admission to both the premises and to events, regattas, sailing races, competitions, both sail and power and whether Open or otherwise, conducted by the Squadron or it may be associated or working in conjunction with from time to time".

Does the term 'any other Club, Association or organisation'   include the International Olympic Committee?

Obviously the Brisbane 2034 Olympic games bid committee should be informed of this so that they can distance themselves from anything that may harm their bid. The IOC are unlikely to confirm a venue that can exclude a competitor at the games without assigning any reason therefor. 

I will contact the bid committee to find out their thoughts on this today and get back to you. It probably doesn't matter because from what I have read in the press so far, RQ are not in the frame and the Whitsundays are being considered to host the sailing.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/olympics/southeast-queensland-to-bid-for-2032-olympic-games-annastacia-palaszczuk-reveals/news-story/11ae0e0b16111112c8c3b2e96807406d

"Sailing could be staged in the Whitsundays, while beach volleyball is likely to be played at a temporary venue at Broadbeach Park on the Gold Coast."

Proposed class's for the games include Foiling moths, the 49er, Lagoon 54's with BBQ's, beaten up Jeanneau charter yachts and IOR Maxis.

I will report back on the Australian Olympic committee's thoughts. I mean if someone decided to exclude the Chinese competitor because they simply didn't like the cut of their jib, it could lead to all manner of strife. I might ask one of the members who is of Chinese ethnicity what they think about this...wait.

Oh never mind.

LB 15

Cunt
Was that 'event' conducted under properly sanctioned RRS or Marquis of Queensberry rules ?
I think it was the World Wrestling federation special regulations for tag team cage matches. You know like how it it Ok to punch someone while their arms are being held by another member of the team? Of course penalties may apply to the person being punched.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I thought the reach of the powers of these people was getting a little bit beyond belief

Any Flag Officer or member of the General Committee shall have power to refuse or revoke the admission
So Flag Officers will have to carry concealed firearms to undertake their duties???

I'm feeling a club uniform makeover coming .....drawing from the Hugo Boss 1930's collection for inspiration.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
"the word “admission” refers to admission to both the premises and to events, regattas, sailing races, competitions, both sail and power and whether Open or otherwise, conducted by the Squadron or it may be associated or working in conjunction with from time to time".
So just not a sailing event and events in association with others. 

So power boat members of both RQYS and SYC will be watching with interest on the first Saturday in November next year for the 60TH GOODWILL CUP NAVIGATION EVENT.

LB 15

Cunt
No that's different
No its not. Power boat owners have been told that it applies to them as does sail pass. Read the By law again.

I am sure it is mentioned somewhere in one of their 51 club policies.

https://www.rqys.com.au/policiesanddocuments/

Policies

Last Modified

Membership

Member Protection Policy

February 2020

Social Media Policy (Members)

May 2016

Direct Debit Policy

August 2020

Social & Sailing Pass Day Membership Policy

November 2018

Sail Our Boats Policy

February 2019

Clubhouse

House Rules & Policy

October 2020

Licensing Requirements & Sign In Procedures

March 2016

Drinks Management Plan

December 2019

Marina & Grounds

Use of Bill Kirby Jetty & Deanbilla Bay Moorings – Policy

January 2020

Marina Rules and Regulations

October 2020

Grounds Access Policy

November 2020

Parking Policy

December 2019

Live Aboard Policy

January 2019

Trades, Contractors & DIY Policy

October 2020

Environmental Protection Policy 

January 2018

Domestic Animals Policy 

August 2019

Trailer Park Policy

June 2020

Slipping Agreement

July 2020

Hardstand Rules & Agreement 

March 2020

Canaipa

Canaipa Rules & Policy

April 2019

Canaipa Vehicle Hire Policy

January 2020

Sailing

Club Sailing and Regatta Procedures

April 2020

Coaching Policy

July 2020

Sailing Entry Safety and Auditing Policy

February 2020

RQYS Fleet Rescue Start and Coach Powerboat Policy

February 2020

Race Committee Composition Policy

February 2020

On Water Emergency Communications Policy and Procedure

February 2020

Club Racing Participation Policy

February 2020

On Water Communications Policy

February 2020

Race Abandonment Policy

February 2020

RQYS Offshore Event Proposal Policy

April 2020

Schools Racing Policy

February 2020

On water Safety Management Plan

February 2020

Dinghy Hire Form and Agreement

April 2020

Elliott Hire Policy

March 2020

FarEast28 Usage Policy

March 2020

Instructor and Coach Equipment Policy

March 2020

Medical Emergency Procedure

October 2020

RQYS Gymnasium Use Policy

October 2020

SUP and Windsurfer Hire Policy

March 2020

Sailing Academy & Club Sailing Refund Policy

July 2020

General

Child Safety Policy 

June 2019

Diversity, Harassment & Equity Policy 

March 2016

Codes of Behaviour  

May 2016

Privacy Policy

September 2020

Smoke-Free Policy

June 2018

Committee Member Code of Conduct & Policy

August 2019

RQYS Work Health and Safety Policy

February 2020

RQYS SunSmart Policy

October 2020

COVID-19

COVID Safe Plan

June 2020

Infectious Disease Policy

June 2020

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
No that's different
Why?? 

Fits like a glove for "admission" to 'power competitions' conducted in association with. The Goodwill Cup log event is run in association with the Southport Yacht Club.

"the word “admission” refers to admission  to both the premises and to events, regattas, sailing  races, competitions, both sail and power and whether Open or otherwise, conducted by  the Squadron or it may be associated or working  in conjunction  with from time to time".

"Admission" to RQYS Cuising Group "events", BOTH sail and power are also captured.

Latest posts