The Australian Sailing and RQYS Kabuki Theatre Thread

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist
Anyone at RQYS have any Intel on a Benetau 40 called Ocean Crusaders? I've heard a rumour that there was an issue with an IRC rating. I thought it weird that a Thompson 7 was giving it time in the IRC Nationals last year, as was a pretty standard Sydney 36.

cosmicsedso

Super Anarchist
Gold Coast AUS
It might be worth paying the subscription to the Courier Mail online as well as that fine publication is covering events fairly closely. 

News about the Squadron appears in that paper almost as often as the crossword. 

And now that a group of past commodores have requested an Extraordinary General Meeting to investigate the Squadron finances the paper might need to have a reporter ‘embedded’ into the conflict zone to keep up. 
We could have 'rolling coverage'...

LB 15

Cunt
Anyone at RQYS have any Intel on a Benetau 40 called Ocean Crusaders? I've heard a rumour that there was an issue with an IRC rating. I thought it weird that a Thompson 7 was giving it time in the IRC Nationals last year, as was a pretty standard Sydney 36.
It became Famous when owned by the now Commodore who named it beachball, it was then involved in a port/starboard resulting in it being written off and then purchased by the now rear commodore, who renamed it Dodgeball. One of his mates who owns a not for profit sponsored it but he has since bought his own TP 52. Dodgeball lost its rudder in the B2G. 

It became famous after the much discussed Port/Starboard incident on a Wednesday afternoon race (not to be confused with the Port/starboard incident that sparked the brawl between its crew and another at the presentation for the B2G race or the Port/Starboard incident by the same owner at the start of the Sydney to Hobart race)

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
I hate that port / starboard rule.... it's so confusing...
Here is Queensland it is but seems to be fairly clear cut on Sydney Harbour. But hey all rules needed to be flexible, otherwise clubs would have to immediately start throwing out everyone who pleads guilty to attacking their female partner with a chair...

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
It became Famous when owned by the now Commodore who named it beachball, it was then involved in a port/starboard resulting in it being written off and then purchased by the now rear commodore, who renamed it Dodgeball. One of his mates who owns a not for profit sponsored it but he has since bought his own TP 52. Dodgeball lost its rudder in the B2G. 

It became famous after the much discussed Port/Starboard incident on a Wednesday afternoon race (not to be confused with the Port/starboard incident that sparked the brawl between its crew and another at the presentation for the B2G race or the Port/Starboard incident by the same owner at the start of the Sydney to Hobart race)
WTF?  I've donated to Thommo's Ocean Crusaders over the years - why would my donations be used to sponsor one of his mates' boats?  Maybe it's OK if the boat was being used in the cause, and is to be replaced in that role by the 52 ...

I may need to start asking some questions.

LB 15

Cunt
WTF?  I've donated to Thommo's Ocean Crusaders over the years - why would my donations be used to sponsor one of his mates' boats?  Maybe it's OK if the boat was being used in the cause, and is to be replaced in that role by the 52 ...

I may need to start asking some questions.
From what I have seen the plan is to go cruising on the TP apparently. For the cause naturally. 

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
From what I have seen the plan is to go cruising on the TP apparently. For the cause naturally. 
Ok, that explains some of your comments about the TP52 cruiser.

I would like a TP52. I will PM my account details for your donation.

Thanks in advance.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
I was thinking more about the abolition of mid strength beer. Or maybe to raise the profile of Deanbilla bay as a world class sailing venue. Between ferries of course.
what about abolishing zero alcohol beer. I don't see the point in it. Beer does not taste that good that you would want to drink it and miss out on the women looking better.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
I want to raise awareness about idiot PC wankers desperately targeting anything the can fake offence about.

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

becomes

image.png

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist

Thanks but I was after any information as to the rumour that it was recently forced to be remeasured for IRC as the rating in the Nationals was suspicious. There's a Tassie boat which would have won otherwise.

Latest posts