The debate over assault weapons

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Maybe... Just fucking maybe, the nincomcoupers shouldn't have military grade weapons. Then the rest of you assholes who didn't rush to the Capital to help put down the coup attempt wouldn't need them. Just a thought.
Hey, I didn't write the bill, just reporting what it says. It trusts government employees, even retired ones, over the rest of us. philly's post seemed to me to show the foolishness of doing so.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Fuck your second amendment rights
Popular with the gungrabby chorus, though you forgot to call me a name.

Hey, maybe you can help me out with a question that badlat isn't helping with. This one: Why did Bill Clinton say that TeamD lost control of Congress and Speaker Tom Foolery lost his seat in 1994? I forget...

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
Ya..... You actually are that stupid. Good thing breathing is an involuntary response.

358945D1-323E-4680-8F8E-3AD856C013F4.jpeg

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I watched the whole thing live , peaceful protest
You must have been watching something else. We saw cops knocked down and jumped on, and beaten with all sorts of objects; we also heard an explosion in the hall which has not been covered in the news (other than being pretty damn obvious during the live broadcast). I saw the mass of what looked like unwashed ditch diggers swarming into the Capitol chanting "Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!" We saw guys in paramilitary gear swarming the exits looking for any stray Congresscritters. We saw Kevin Mccarthy weeping in fear saying he just had a narrow escape, that he was seperated from his staffers in the melee and was afraid that some of them may not have escaped alive (his exact words).

You've clearly swallowed the "normal tourist" bullshit and are trying to regurgitate it. No gonna fly here, bud.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I heard that these Kochy nutjobs have flooded the American political system with dark money. I know this guy who is as dumb as a rock, and he says this smells bad, even to dumbasses.
Hey, you can tell a person who does that kind of thing exactly how bad he's being.

There is nothing I can do now but support a full Second Amendment extermination, which I will do with huge endowments. Money talks.
Have at it!

"Police: 6 young people shot at North Carolina night club"​

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
You keep posting this cartoon but I rely on things the court said BEFORE the evil gun lobby started objecting to gun bans and confiscation programs.

The Constitution as originally adopted granted to the Congress power—'To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions; To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.' U.S.C.A.Const. art. 1, § 8. With obvious purpose to assure the continuation and render possible the effectiveness of such forces the declaration and guarantee of the Second Amendment were made. It must be interpreted and applied with that end in view.

The Nilitia which the States were expected to maintain and train is set in contrast with Troops which they were forbidden to keep without the consent of Congress. The sentiment of the time strongly disfavored standing armies; the common view was that adequate defense of country and laws could be secured through the Militia—civilians primarily, soldiers on occasion.

The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. 'A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline.' And further, that ordinarily when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.

The bolding is mine. I agree with their assessment of the "obvious purpose" of guaranteeing the right of the people. That's what the "very language" of the second amendment says.

As for the second part, it indicates to me that banning battlefield .22's and other suitable militia weapons is exactly the kind of thing the amendment was meant to prevent. If the people are to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves, we're going to have to own them.

Grabbers look at those same words and think we had indoor militias and guns were not allowed outside. They also think that any weapon invented since 1789 is not covered because of those last nine words.

Amazing how nine words written in the 20th century can come to mean that the intent of the second amendment, unlike any other part of the Bill of Rights, was to be frozen in time. It's such an incredibly stupid position that TeamD Ranger thought it was a joke before I informed him it was real and Mr. Clean can't even develop a position on it.

And we're supposed to listen to people who have obviously never read what I just posted from the court, who believe in indoor militias, and who believe the Bill of Rights should not apply to modern tech? Nope, not going to start listening to non-reading morons.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
You keep posting this cartoon but I rely on things the court said BEFORE the evil gun lobby started objecting to gun bans and confiscation programs.

The bolding is mine. I agree with their assessment of the "obvious purpose" of guaranteeing the right of the people. That's what the "very language" of the second amendment says.

As for the second part, it indicates to me that banning battlefield .22's and other suitable militia weapons is exactly the kind of thing the amendment was meant to prevent. If the people are to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves, we're going to have to own them.

Grabbers look at those same words and think we had indoor militias and guns were not allowed outside. They also think that any weapon invented since 1789 is not covered because of those last nine words.

Amazing how nine words written in the 20th century can come to mean that the intent of the second amendment, unlike any other part of the Bill of Rights, was to be frozen in time. It's such an incredibly stupid position that TeamD Ranger thought it was a joke before I informed him it was real and Mr. Clean can't even develop a position on it.

And we're supposed to listen to people who have obviously never read what I just posted from the court, who believe in indoor militias, and who believe the Bill of Rights should not apply to modern tech? Nope, not going to start listening to non-reading morons.

Blah, blah and, I repeat, blah. (Hi Dogballs.)

I can't read such garbage. I did not make it thru the first sentence. I owe myself better than to dumb my life down to the Dogballs level of (non) function.
Hmmm, even Tuk Tuk Joe had better content than Dogballs.

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

"Police: 6 young people shot at North Carolina night club"​

If only there were more alligators in the central part of NC, this wouldn't have happened.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burgers interpretation of the 2nd amendment is the most logical and reasonable one.
You'd think it would persuade noted Hahvahd constitutional law professor and gun control advocate Lawrence Tribe. He probably agreed when the quote was made, but Tribe is a reader and susceptible to facts so ultimately realized that he needed to change his mind and change his constitutional law textbook. Because Burger was wrong.