The debate over assault weapons

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Tom will be upset but the gun has been confiscated by the po po, another case of civil asset forfeiture. When reached for comment at his current address the gun nut said Skateboarding is a crime.

Reportedly, the case is with the County DA.

Last edited:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Tom will be upset but the gun has been confiscated by the po po, another case of civil asset forfeiture.
No wonder you support Joe Biden and oppose Rand Paul on that subject! You don't even understand the difference between civil and criminal asset forfeiture. It's a bit more complicated than auto liability, where you've also demonstrated no understanding.

And no ability to restate your position once you learned how ignorant you were. What was your point here anyway?
It also absolves individuals of the LIABILITY FOR USE by others. So if your roommate steals your keys and bypasses your 'secure gun storage' and uses your gun to holdup a liquor store, you're totally good. But if your roommate steals your keys and runs over a little old lady with your car, well that's what you have liability insurance for.
Oh yeah, same as the point you're pursuing by blaming me for some criminal's behavior toward a skateboarder. Gun owners are responsible for the actions of criminals. Go ahead and say it out loud again, you know you think it.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Thanks, GOP/NRA!!

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — Inside a windowless office in a nondescript brick building, a lone man is staring at three computer screens while typing out lines of code.

He’s among a group of developers and coders who aid federal agents responsible for tracking down the owners of guns used in crimes across the United States. But these computer experts use their talents not to modernize the gun shop records that pour into this facility, the National Tracing Center operated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or ATF. They are in fact doing the opposite: converting the digital files into screenshots akin to paper records so they cannot be searched electronically.

“It’s just insanity to think this is how we’re operating,” said Edgar Domenech, a former ATF deputy director.

Federal agents can run scans on things such as license plates and fingerprints to instantly find out who they belong to. But when it comes to guns, they’re essentially handcuffed by a 1986 law that keeps the ATF stuck in the past.

The nearly 40-year-old regulations prevent the agency from keeping searchable, digitized gun transaction records. And efforts in Congress to modernize the system have failed.

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
I'm maintained, well regulated, finger printed, background checked, still waiting for a quieter to get out of jail, trained and insured!

- I am the militia -

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Oops. I shoulda posted this here.

The Gilbert gun nut has had charges submitted for review which include assault (Intentionally placing someone in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury) and having a firearm on school grounds. The perp was identified as 68-yo Bernardo Aillon. Sadly, the gun was not identified; so the gun industry won't benefit from its usual increased sales.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL

Taxing suitable militia weapons like yours won't affect people like yourself, who can afford a five figure SCAR assault weapon and the tax on it.

It's more like a poll tax: intended to restrict the rights of the poor while folks like yourself sit back with an "I've got my assault weapon" grin.

Many of those poor people whose rights you wish to burden are minorities. I wouldn't have to be the one to point that out if we were talking about a right that TeamD was interested in protecting instead of undermining.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Taxing suitable militia weapons like yours won't affect people like yourself, who can afford a five figure SCAR assault weapon and the tax on it.

It's more like a poll tax: intended to restrict the rights of the poor while folks like yourself sit back with an "I've got my assault weapon" grin.

Many of those poor people whose rights you wish to burden are minorities. I wouldn't have to be the one to point that out if we were talking about a right that TeamD was interested in protecting instead of undermining.
Tom, You are a silly man. It's more like a tax to prevent the deluge of weapons entering the marketplace. That's the point, and it was explained in the opening of the announcement. Your NRA messaging is a diversionary tactic to slow the advent of a new age of fewer automatic weapons. Poor people do not buy automatic weapons, they have better uses for their money, and the NRA's attempt to drop those prices to $9.99 a weapon is foolhardy and frankly dangerous to the future safety of this country.

basketcase

Fuck you second amendment
a long way from home

images.jpeg

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
For years I have watched gun enthusiasts here and elsewhere, hide behind the solemnity of the 2nd Amendment, flatly ignoring mass shootings and wishing hollow thoughts and prayers to the bereaved parents of small children. Finally, I see movement to contain some of the violence gun owners have ignored. Will it work? Will it pass muster? I don't know, I do know it is moving forward and that is a good thing. Who knows, maybe we will get to a place where if you want a gun, you have to take a piss test.

AP-NORC poll: Most in US say they want stricter gun laws​

CHICAGO (AP) — Most U.S. adults want to see gun laws made stricter and think gun violence is increasing nationwide, according to a new poll that finds broad public support for a variety of gun restrictions, including many that are supported by majorities of Republicans and gun owners.

The poll by the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy and The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research shows 71% of Americans say gun laws should be stricter, including about half of Republicans, the vast majority of Democrats and a majority of those in gun-owning households.

The poll was conducted between July 28 and Aug. 1, after a string of deadly mass shootings — from a New York grocery store to a school in Texas and a July 4 parade in Illinois — and a 2020 spike in gun killings that have increased attention on the issue of gun violence. Overall, 8 in 10 Americans perceive that gun violence is increasing around the country, and about two-thirds say it’s increasing in their state, though less than half believe it’s increasing in their community, the poll shows.

The question of how to prevent such violence has long divided politicians and many voters, making it difficult to change gun laws. In June, a conservative majority on the Supreme Court expanded gun rights, finding a constitutional right to carry firearms in public for self-defense.
Read more: https://apnews.com/article/gun-violence-covid-health-chicago-c912ecc5619e925c5ea7447d36808715

Latest posts