The debate over assault weapons

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Who knows, maybe we will get to a place where if you want a gun, you have to take a piss test.
A true authoritarian dream.

It might prevent scofflaws from using cannabis (medically or recreationally) and owning guns but where's the evidence that cannabis users are prone to violence? More likely, it wouldn't prevent anything it was designed to prevent, but would cause other problems. Then authoritarians would notice the failure in the original goals and double down, possibly instituting something really profoundly stupid like our drug war looting program. And for what? You won't be able to answer my question because there's no answer that serves the gungrabby cause.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Tom, You are a silly man. It's more like a tax to prevent the deluge of weapons entering the marketplace. That's the point, and it was explained in the opening of the announcement. Your NRA messaging is a diversionary tactic to slow the advent of a new age of fewer automatic weapons. Poor people do not buy automatic weapons, they have better uses for their money, and the NRA's attempt to drop those prices to $9.99 a weapon is foolhardy and frankly dangerous to the future safety of this country.
The closing of the announcement said it would cause most gun stores to go out of business. Most. Not all. So rich people like yourself could continue to own assault weapons like yours but poor people would not have the same right. The actual ban passed by the House was designed to end access to battlefield .22's and other suitable militia weapons, not just tax away most of them and leave some for the rich.

It's true that poor people don't buy automatic weapons because Saint Ronald closed the registry in 1986 and the legal guns generally cost even more than your assault weapon. But we were talking about assault weapons, not automatics.

Or are you one of those Trump fans who thinks Obama was wrong and a semi with a bump stocka is an auto? I'm still an Obama fan on that issue.

Oh Tom.

1661392931157.png

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
A daily reminder that all guns are assault weapons
I agree, and think that designation as an "assault" weapon is a good first sign that a gun is precisely the kind of weapon that would be suitable for militia use and is thus deserving of the highest level of 2A protection.

Biden doesn't agree and wants to ban battlefield .22's and other weapons of war.

“It’s time to hold every elected official’s feet to the fire and ask them, are you for banning assault weapons? Yes or no? Ask them,” Biden said. “If the answer’s no, vote against them.”
“We’re living in a country awash with weapons of war. Weapons that weren’t designed to hunt, they’re designed to take on an enemy,” Biden said. “For God’s sake, what’s the rationale for these weapons outside of a war zone? They inflict severe damage.”
“We have to act for all those kids gunned down on our streets every single day that never make the news,” Biden said. “You have to act so our kids can learn to read in school instead of learning to duck and cover.”

I dunno. I think battlefield .22's have uses other than taking out enemies, though they could be used for that purpose and certainly deserve 2A protection on that basis. As for politically convenient kid deaths that DON'T make the news? Doesn't happen. The politically convenient ones appear here and everywhere else before the bodies cool down. It's the stupid drug war casualties that don't make the news. Now that you know that, Americans, go vote for another stupid drug warrior. Again.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

"New NY gun law applicants have to provide social media accounts"​

Nice call.

Of course, all the crazed gun nuts will now say, "this is the thin edge of the wedge.... they're coming to take our guns...."

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
The school where the boomer dickhead whipped out a concealed gun on a skateboarder has decided to relocate. It's a school for children on the autism spectrum and apparently they don't respond so well to the threat of dickheads whipping out guns.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
magazine!
Clip!

This isn't a simple mistake of calling a "Magazine" a "Clip". This is stating that the AR -15 bullet is FIVE TIMES FASTER than any other bullet (AS A FACT)! Where the FUCK does that come from? Either he makes shit up, or he is truly SENILE and can't remember his talking points for more than one minute. Which is it? If he wants to SERIOUSLY debate gun violence, he needs to know, and be able to discuss the FACTS!

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
This isn't a simple mistake of calling a "Magazine" a "Clip". This is stating that the AR -15 bullet is FIVE TIMES FASTER than any other bullet (AS A FACT)! Where the FUCK does that come from? Either he makes shit up, or he is truly SENILE and can't remember his talking points for more than one minute. Which is it? If he wants to SERIOUSLY debate gun violence, he needs to know, and be able to discuss the FACTS!
No, you can’t handle the truth. Lax gun laws lead to dead kids.

I agree, and think that designation as an "assault" weapon is a good first sign that a gun is precisely the kind of weapon that would be suitable for militia use and is thus deserving of the highest level of 2A protection.

Biden doesn't agree and wants to ban battlefield .22's and other weapons of war.

I dunno. I think battlefield .22's have uses other than taking out enemies, though they could be used for that purpose and certainly deserve 2A protection on that basis. As for politically convenient kid deaths that DON'T make the news? Doesn't happen. The politically convenient ones appear here and everywhere else before the bodies cool down. It's the stupid drug war casualties that don't make the news. Now that you know that, Americans, go vote for another stupid drug warrior. Again.
1661992125117.png

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
No, you can’t handle the truth.

So, the cops catch these FELONS with a GHOST GUN. With Felony Warrants?! And then get let out on low bail? And Hairgel doesn’t have a problem with that? And I have to go through a background check and pay an extra fee every time I buy ammo? And I can’t handle the TRUTH?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

So, the cops catch these FELONS with a GHOST GUN. With Felony Warrants?! And then get let out on low bail? And Hairgel doesn’t have a problem with that? And I have to go through a background check and pay an extra fee every time I buy ammo? And I can’t handle the TRUTH?
meh