The debate over assault weapons

jocal505

moderate, informed gunowner
Seattle, Wa
The fact that her gun, like many others, can be illegally modified does not mean that it's "crap" to point out that her gun is an "assault weapon" just like an AR 15 or any other scary black gun. It just means I do what others here do not and read the definitions in laws. Why that's offensive is beyond me. Because illegal mods are possible? Huh?
Yer a cheap guy,  U R the leader of the cheap-seaters. I think your "reading" is carefully selected. You need to read Priorities for Research.

You need to read MLK, generally. And you need to read Patrick J Charles or Lois Schwoerer, generally. Then you need to read and defend Joyce Malcolm, for Scalia, around here. You need to put Merkel and Spitzer in their places, they are sharp and you failed to respond to the value of their work. 

I read a modest amount of all your guys, and am intrigued by only Eugene Volokh and Sanford Levinson. The rest are fakers, with discernible problems is the shit they say. Are you with me so far? Can you get up to speed so we can discuss certain points of view?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
"Possible" ... good one. A kid could do it in 20 minutes. We're not talking machine shop work here or specialty tools. 

Wake the fuck up. 
She won't let me modify her gun.

How do I convert my assault weapon to a machine gun? It looks like this:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

I assume people who have woken the fuck up want to ban this potential machine gun too?

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Mass Shooting In Minneapolis

Like most of our recent mass shootings, no one was actually killed, but,

When officers arrived, they found five victims who had suffered from gunshot wounds. Police say four of the victims were taken to a hospital by ambulance, and one was self-transported. Their conditions are unclear as of Thursday night.

An investigation shows the incident began as an argument between several people in the street. Police have not released any suspect information at this time.
That's 5, which is more than four, so the lesson is the same as any other mass shooting: DO SOMETHING!

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Take that trigger mechanism out of the wife's Ruger. Two pins, two seconds. Turn on computer and learn how to modify trigger pull pressure. CAUTION: it's really easy to screw up and make it full auto rock and roll! [Heh heh]

Now her squirrel shooter is in fact a terrorist weapon not an "ordinary dogballs." One dogball round probably won't be lethal but 5 or 10 or 20 probably will be.
Do you own any guns about which this is also true?

If so, I'd like to see some video when you destroy them.

jocal505

Seattle, Wa
Mass Shooting In Minneapolis

Like most of our recent mass shootings, no one was actually killed, but,

That's 5, which is more than four, so the lesson is the same as any other mass shooting: DO SOMETHING!
You are a vulture, circling over the (daily) gun carnage shown on the Gun Violence Archives?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Four people were shot, by one gun, in one place, in a single incident. This is horrendous. The free press is free to speak about it. The de-sensitized gun nuts will  never normalize such a thing, but you hop out of bet to try to marginalize the glaring problem, every day. 

If we do nothing, we get guys like you all over the place.   :eek:

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Four people were shot, by one gun, in one place, in a single incident.
Five were shot, by one person, in one place, in a convenient incident.

Convenient because 5 is more than four, making this incident useful in the crusade to ban "assault" weapons like ours.

And look! A vulture circling and waiting to exploit convenient shootings for his gungrabby agenda appeared from the sky!

jocal505

Seattle, Wa
You want to marginalize a terrible gun incident, with four or more victims today. . Yesterday, you wanted to shit on this guy too.

AW damage in high schooler.jpg

let's play RUNAROUND SUE, WITH TOM RAY

You even used Dylann Roof as a running gag, mate.

[SIZE=11pt]Post 224[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE] On 7/11/2015 at 5:02 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Was Dylann Roof right to do what he did, Tom, or was he wrong?

(Tom) If you're talking about his burning an American flag, no, I don't think that was wrong.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/166644-sols-charleston-race-thread-resurrection/&page=3

Last edited by a moderator:

bpm57

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Rather then sound ignorant, why not check it out for yourself?
I have "checked out" the legislation introduced in NJ, FL, and by Feinstein and others federally. I've also read some of the press releases that were sent out when the legislation was introduced.

Oddly enough, I can't find one reference to "the 10/22 should be banned because it can easily be turned into an illegal machine gun" What is usually the case is that most models of the 10/22 are declared legal; just the ones with adjustable stocks get banned.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Bpm- On the phone. Short version: tom started bitching that FL or someone wanted to ban. 22s . He haz been boring us how innocent "ordinary. 22s" are ... well, ordinary. 

Reality is the0-dogballs semiauto can be easily converted to auto. That's what i suggested you check out. I thought it was pretty clear.

An ordinary. 22 would be a single shot  rifle. Every kid started with one.

Next gen was the tubular auto. The0-dogballs kinda changed the game, apparently, due to the ease of  conversion. 

I say again, I'm a gun guy, just tired of reading the ordinary. 22 schtick from Bullshitter Tom. 

Q- What kind of person would argue this point for over a year?

A- Not an ordinary person.

bpm57

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Short version: tom started bitching that FL or someone wanted to ban. 22s .
I'm quite aware of the story. Tom may be driving his point into the ground, but the simple fact is that most people in this forum are not interested in reading the legislation - and proceed to make claims about said legislation that does not match reality.

Some won't even read the legislation (or existing law) even if it is quoted wholesale in the forum.

Reality is the0-dogballs semiauto can be easily converted to auto.
Which still has exactly nothing to do with the point Tom is making. Or, instead, feel free to replace any mention of the 10/22 with 22/45 lite, or Pardini SP. Both of those will be AWs whenever the NJ legislature feels like doing so. Feinstein's S.2095 would also ban them. There are 4 bills in the house with nearly identical language.

Feel free to contact the BATFE and tell them that Ruger is breaking the law with the 10/22 if you feel that full auto 10/22s are such a widespread issue.

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
^^^^

I'm talking to walls.
I always assume I'm talking to a fire hydrant whenever I address someone on the righter side of the spectrum. Either they have no clue as to whatever I'm talking about, or they have no clue as to whatever I'm talking about.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Reality is the0-dogballs semiauto can be easily converted to auto. That's what i suggested you check out. I thought it was pretty clear.

An ordinary. 22 would be a single shot  rifle. Every kid started with one.
If TeamD would quit with the charade that they only wish to ban "military assault weapons" and just admit that they want to ban semiauto's, I would quit making the point that this is not a military weapon of any kind:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

If you and TeamD think that anything semiauto should be banned, let's have that discussion.

As long as the discussion is about "military" weapons that don't belong in civilian hands, I'll point out that soldiers do not use those.