The debate over assault weapons

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I admit that it's by far the silliest motivation for buying a gun I have ever had.

But you can't help what's funny to you. And I think naughty machining is just a funny concept. It wouldn't be as funny if I actually intended to use the threads for anything. It's funny to me that they're naughty just because they're there, but the same exact gun without them is not a naughty assault weapon.

I also think Rimas and racing Sun Cats are funny. I guess I'm easily amused.

G

I admit that it's by far the silliest motivation for buying a gun I have ever had.

But you can't help what's funny to you. And I think naughty machining is just a funny concept. It wouldn't be as funny if I actually intended to use the threads for anything. It's funny to me that they're naughty just because they're there, but the same exact gun without them is not a naughty assault weapon.

I also think Rimas and racing Sun Cats are funny. I guess I'm easily amused.
If you do get one, make sure to get a thread protector.  Its very easy to mess up the threads and then they no workey for elk irritation.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
If you do get one, make sure to get a thread protector.  Its very easy to mess up the threads and then they no workey for elk irritation.
Are you sure? My shopping list just says a threaded barrel is naughty. No less naughty if the threads are screwed up as far as I can tell.

In fact, you've given me an idea. I think I actually WANT messed up threads. Because it's funnier that way.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
FFS, make up your mind (In other words, stop lying.)  I saw a new, disgusting post five minutes ago. You were embellishing the breaking of gun laws, and planning to buy  a gun  with a threaded barrel, to intentionally flaunt some law. Uncooperative is your middle name, etc.

Yer a fool and I spend my time elsewhere to avoid the constant .22 silliness.
None of the guns on my shopping list are illegal. Yet.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
What's with the disrespect for "some law" anyway, Joe?

My shopping list is not just "some law."

It's the TeamD effort to start rescuing American from the scourge of (assault weapons, ordinary .22's).

I would think that's about the most important piece of proposed legislation in the world to you, but you just call it "some law" as if you don't know or care about it. WTF?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I had another thought about the naughty threads that turn an ordinary .22 pistol into a feared assault weapon. Instead of screwing them up so they are unusable, I could thread a big, silly, hippy-looking flower onto the end of the barrel.

I'm probably the first person ever to want that particular firearm accessory so I expect I'll have to make it myself.

But I do want a photogenic assault weapon.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Orange is scary.

Something like this would be funnier IMO.

2542384_0.jpg

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
That flower looks wrong on that gun but I think a .22 Victory with a flower would look better. Like this:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

But I don't like that flower. It's just the first one I found online that was stuck to a gun. I want a yellow and white flower.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Shootist Jeff said:
Given his inability to read or remember Miller, it probably just is "some law" to him.
Have you read Miller, Jeffie? 

• Let's say that one person has read Miller, he says, but quotes it as considering gun rights for The People, in as many words, repeatedly.. And further, let's say another person admits he hasn't read all of Miller, but can quote the case law in a manner vetted in substantial submissions before the Supreme Court, that Miller is all about militia gun rights, not gun rights for The People.
  • Let's say the first person says that Miller covers males capable of acting in concert for the common defense, in four threads, then says he has "seen no such evidence" that Miller covers Earl Miller as a militia candidate (ahem,with collective gun rights as such).
  • Let's say the first person won't correct his falsehood, but the second can discuss, cite, source,  and document his presentation.

Jeffie, I'll go with the second person. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Heh. One guy doesn't read the cases and thus didn't know Otis McDonald from Jack Miller after years of study, let alone know something like whether he's looking at a fourth or fifth amendment case, but thinks he can educate readers by copy/pasting gungrabby propaganda.

How about commenting on something for which no research is required, Joe?

Do you think my new assault weapon will look good with a yellow and white flower threaded onto the barrel? Or would you suggest a different color?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
The part of my shopping list related to handguns says this:

(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:

(i) A threaded barrel.

(ii) A second pistol grip.

(iii) A barrel shroud.

(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
So if some guy makes a Glock 27 do this:

That makes mine an assault weapon.

But not a very photogenic one so I still want the S&W Victory Flower gun.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
If you own a semi pistol and no one has made it into an assault weapon by making one fire full auto, you can always convert it to an assault weapon with one of these:

glock-safety-grip-extended2.jpg

I didn't know second grips on a pistol are a thing. Apparently, they're a thing and they turn ordinary handguns into assault weapons.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I'm wondering if the flower color issue will have any bearing on the important penis size issue.

We all know that someone whose assault weapon looks like this:

FN_SCAR_17S_Rotators_1--1800x897.jpg

Probably has a much, much smaller weenie than someone whose assault weapon looks like one of these:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

But what message regarding penis size does an assault weapon like the Victory .22 send? And does the flower color choice affect this?

(Asking for a friend, btw).

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Speaking of things that wound up in another thread but probably belong here,

If you're done with breakfast and have a weight problem, a good way to puke it back up would be to visit 4chan and look at the mass murderer fan clubs.

What they want most is fame. To be mentioned.

If we're going to eliminate an amendment to stop them, it should be the first. And we should start punishing the people who find it useful to mention the name of a certain racist mass murderer in their messenger attacks on me. 

I don't think we should do that.