The debate over assault weapons

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Excellent!  you could also improve your profile by putting .22s under your interests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Excellent!  you could also improve your profile by putting .22s under your interests.
Or, more accurately, you could put "Tom's assault weapons" under your interests.

Keeping the ones I have and acquiring a new one to amuse me are among my interests but far from the top. My desire to keep our (assault weapons, ordinary .22's) is the most important thing about me to grabberz, but not to me.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Duck, pheasant, partridge and clays

It’s a multi purpose assault weapon, even more scary, especially as it’s disguised in pretty wood and scrolling. 
What are we looking at here? It looks very nice. And it's good to hear you use it regular. Too many "pretty" shotguns are unused out of fear of scratching something. 

My OU is just a utilitarian piece, no engraving and the stock is plain Jane. 

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Shootist Jeff said:
I have this shottie.  Its a Huglu from my last trip to Turkey.  Its not a pic of mine, but its the exact model and decorative work and stock. 

Beautiful gun and it shoots well, although its nowhere as nicely machined and crafted as my Ruger Red Label.  The RRL is just total sex in an O/U.  
Nice. Now we are talking my kind of guns. 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL

chinabald

Super Anarchist
But pages 79 through 100 of my shopping list:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/f/d/fdca734c-4855-49f3-aa1d-2ed02e791d6d/E5ECBD1B1D722D5C4AEDAEBB6276AB36.awb-bill-text.pdf

Contain the models of Over/Under shotguns that are NOT assault weapons. So if that fancy gun appears on the list, it's not a subject for discussion in this thread.
Hmm. Mine was made by one company but branded and sold by another. It's on the list under the manufacturer's list but not under the name branded on the gun. So is it in fact an over under upland game assault weapon? 

Edit: never mind. It's on the list. But my Smith and Wesson pump Trap assault Weapon is not. 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Worse. It's Russian 
Uh oh, does Mueller know?

There are probably lots of people who are unaware of the existence of over/under upland game assault shotguns, just as they are unaware of the existence of .22 assault target plinkers like the flower gun.

Edit: never mind. It's on the list. But my Smith and Wesson pump Trap assault Weapon is not. 
And assault pump shotguns, and assault bolt action rifles. But the shopping list contains long lists of exemptions for some of those guns, meaning the rest are assault weapons.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Shootist Jeff said:
I have this shottie.  Its a Huglu from my last trip to Turkey.  Its not a pic of mine, but its the exact model and decorative work and stock. 

a9e7a7285d19ea69195ce5ab80aff749.jpg

Beautiful gun and it shoots well, although its nowhere as nicely machined and crafted as my Ruger Red Label.  The RRL is just total sex in an O/U.  
The Ruger Red Label is among the over/under upland fowl shotguns on the list of exempted guns.

Your Huglu, however, is an assault weapon. It's not on the list of exemptions.

Apparently a side by side version is not an assault weapon. Unless maybe you hold it sideways, gangsta style. I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what mad's gun is so there's no way to tell whether it's really an assault weapon.

mad

Super Anarchist
The Ruger Red Label is among the over/under upland fowl shotguns on the list of exempted guns.

Apparently a side by side version is not an assault weapon. Unless maybe you hold it sideways, gangsta style. I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what mad's gun is so there's no way to tell whether it's really an assault weapon.
It’s a Browning 525

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
It’s a Browning 525
Page 84 of my shopping list:

Browning Citori 525 Series
So it's specifically exempted and is NOT an assault weapon.

The weird part is: exempted from what? The S&W Victory .22 pistol is an assault weapon because of the threaded barrel. My wife's Ruger 10-22 is an assault weapon because of the telescoping stock. I can't see anything in the shotgun definitions that would cover your gun even if it were not specifically exempted.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
That might or might not be enough. As I said, I don't see anything in the definitions that would require an exemption for any of the bird guns pictured.

Not yet anyway. Perhaps they're planning ahead by putting the list there in anticipation of (again) defining "assault weapons" more broadly.

We've seen how that goes in California with their ever-shrinking "safe gun" list. Once the permitted guns are confined to a list, the task becomes simpler: trimming the list and confiscating previously-legal property.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I'm wondering if the flower color issue will have any bearing on the important penis size issue.

We all know that someone whose assault weapon looks like this:

Probably has a much, much smaller weenie than someone whose assault weapon looks like one of these:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

But what message regarding penis size does an assault weapon like the Victory .22 send? And does the flower color choice affect this?

(Asking for a friend, btw).
Now my friend wants to know if ammo matters. Specifically, does it have to be fancy sea salt or just normal iodized salt?

bug-a-salt.jpg

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
The article references "automatic" weapons in a typical attempt to confuse machine guns with (assault weapons, ordinary .22's).

Most dogs don't have five figure sums of money to throw around so they're excluded from owning machine guns for the same reason poor people are. Regressive and troubling stuff, but that's the world we inhabit.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
The article references "automatic" weapons in a typical attempt to confuse machine guns with (assault weapons, ordinary .22's).

Most dogs don't have five figure sums of money to throw around so they're excluded from owning machine guns for the same reason poor people are. Regressive and troubling stuff, but that's the world we inhabit.
Fortunately the dog was smart enough to avail himself of the pistol his owner kept on his person.