The "Delta Variant" and unvaccinated people

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the AM.  There was a news article talking about the rise of the Covid-19 Delta variant and how much more transmissible it is and how much more dangerous it is.  And that it will likely become the dominant variant in the US soon as it crowds out the rest of the SAR-CoV-2 variants.  And that it has the potential for triggering another surge in the US among the non-vax'd population.  

Am I a bad person for wishing it would just wipe out the idiots who refused to get vaccinated when they had/have ample opportunity to get protected?  People refusing to be vaccinated are not just endangering themselves, but actually increase the likelihood of another mutant strain evolving that could potentially make the current vaccines ineffective.  In addition, they put all the people at risk who cannot be vaccinated for various health reasons because there is a much larger pool of hosts than there would be otherwise.  

I think at some point, we have to draw the line.  You can lead a horse to water, but if they refuse to drink - I'm ok with just fucking shooting them (metaphorically) if their refusal endangers others.  Maybe we could just speed up their infections and get it over with.  Cull the herd.  We need some chlorine in the gene pool right now anyway.  

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the AM.  There was a news article talking about the rise of the Covid-19 Delta variant and how much more transmissible it is and how much more dangerous it is.  And that it will likely become the dominant variant in the US soon as it crowds out the rest of the SAR-CoV-2 variants.  And that it has the potential for triggering another surge in the US among the non-vax'd population.  

Am I a bad person for wishing it would just wipe out the idiots who refused to get vaccinated when they had/have ample opportunity to get protected?  People refusing to be vaccinated are not just endangering themselves, but actually increase the likelihood of another mutant strain evolving that could potentially make the current vaccines ineffective.  In addition, they put all the people at risk who cannot be vaccinated for various health reasons because there is a much larger pool of hosts than there would be otherwise.  

I think at some point, we have to draw the line.  You can lead a horse to water, but if they refuse to drink - I'm ok with just fucking shooting them (metaphorically) if their refusal endangers others.  Maybe we could just speed up their infections and get it over with.  Cull the herd.  We need some chlorine in the gene pool right now anyway.  
A bit harsh, but not without merit. 

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
random. said:
OK, I'll bite.

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

So the vaccinated are just protecting themselves.
Currently authorized vaccines in the United States are highly effective at protecting vaccinated people against symptomatic and severe COVID-19. Additionally, a growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others. How long vaccine protection lasts and how much vaccines protect against emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants are still under investigation.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
random. said:
OK, I'll bite.

Cdc says you are wrong...just a Google search away

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
random. said:
OK, I'll bite.

Absolutely not true.  Please take your bullshit elsewhere, we’re full up.

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
It’s all over the place. Killed two in the area at a govt office.  Of course they were unvaccinated.  I read somewhere that the infection, hospitalization and death rates among the unvaccinated are higher than at the peak of the pandemic.  

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/06/22/manatee-county-leader-fear-coronavirus-variant-behind-deadly-outbreak/

I just can’t garner any sympathy for these idiots.
I shared a similar story and Mikey went off on one of his diatribes.

Ain't it nice without him stinking up the joint?

badlatitude

Super Anarchist

We are always going to have a percentage of idiots, they are going to end up vaccinated, or they are going to be very sick and die. For what it's worth, there are no guarantees that the virus mutates into something more deadly and we are back at square one. Don't throw your masks out.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Did I miss something? Time out or was he 86'ed??

I had Mikey on ignore, so my feed has been, um, less filled with his bullshit blatherings.... 
he’s been on a TO since the 10th.  He’s apparently not been nicked though he’s lurking regularly.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
random. said:
So remind me, how many bits of virus does it take to infect someone?

So 25 times less likely means ... what exactly?  Does it mean the it's all good?

No it means that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.  Thanks for the link, you proved my point.
Yeah they can still get infected too.  But they don’t get very, don’t die and the viral load of their respiration is almost certain not to infect others.  They’d have to practically sneeze in someone’s face todo it.  
Fuck off with your stupidity 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Been having a reasonable discussion (on Facebook, so public) of the vaccine math with a college buddy who’s been slurping mushroom soup via a straw but we were getting there. Then some whackadoodles came in and raised a Mikey-level ruckus and got him back in their tent. I wished them no harm and no ill feeling, and went on my way. Darwin is usually selective in culling the weak, in this case, the weak of mind.

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
random. said:
So remind me, how many bits of virus does it take to infect someone?

So 25 times less likely means ... what exactly?  Does it mean the it's all good?

No it means that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.  Thanks for the link, you proved my point.
I don't split hairs with a bullshitter. Your comment and my response speak for themselves.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Anything that eliminates anti-vaxxers and their moran elk is simply Darwin at work AFAIAC.

There's something like 8 Billion of us - we can let the bottom 20% or so skim themselves and we will only be the better for it.

Hearing the stories of anti-mask, anti-vaxx fools on their deathbeds saying "I think I made a mistake" elicited zero sympathy from me.

My son the cop and his colleagues have a saying "Too stupid to live" - usually applied to criminals who fall from 4th floor windows and the like but also apropos for the subject morans as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
random. said:
So you are conceding that vaccinated people can still spread the virus right?
58506175.jpg