The Ed's never seen Awesome Aussie Skiffs?

Man

Thats in the first sailing video i ever had. this was back in the 90's with the first release of Ronstan's Awesome Aussie Skiffs. I'm surprised this is front page material. I think this might be the most popular sailing video ever... :lol:

Tornado_ALIVE

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, AUS
Never seen it............believe it or not!!!

Taped nearly every race televised in the 90s that was shown between the cricket though. Will have to buy another VHS so I can check them out again.

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Gotta admit I'm a bit stupid (stupider?) when it comes to some things like this, but I'll bet there are a bunch of folks who haven't seen this vid either.

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
Ah, beer goes as well !! But this punch wasn´t poofy at all. White wine mixed with stroh 80 rum and stuff like cinnamon, slices of orange etc etc...quite common here for xmas time. And as for calling you insane, no offense intended!
ck
That does sound like "poofy" punch. Why ruin the rum with the groceries?

well, for all you first timers out there, this is a necessity in your sailing video library. its definitely worth your money. first edition is all really amazing sailing in big breeze and huge crashes. it will expand your aussie vocabulary by ten-fold with lines like

"oh and they've gone. its swimming lessons for the yanks today. from the head cam.... its nose down, crew around the front, bubbles everywhere, fish are like whats going on?! and theres your fish-eye view of the carnage."

really, my buds and i will get drunk watching this and go to a party only using these lines. damn hilarious to us, don't know how the rest of the guests felt about us tho....

but all in all, this is a classic. get it and watch it

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
well, for all you first timers out there, this is a necessity in your sailing video library. its definitely worth your money. first edition is all really amazing sailing in big breeze and huge crashes. it will expand your aussie vocabulary by ten-fold with lines like
"oh and they've gone. its swimming lessons for the yanks today. from the head cam.... its nose down, crew around the front, bubbles everywhere, fish are like whats going on?! and theres your fish-eye view of the carnage."

really, my buds and i will get drunk watching this and go to a party only using these lines. damn hilarious to us, don't know how the rest of the guests felt about us tho....

but all in all, this is a classic. get it and watch it
I liked the "shark cam" and the Rusian roll in 35+. Nokia's spinnaker runs in 35+ was unreal. The boat is out of the water almost as much as it is in it. I agree that for the sailing junkie, you have to have this one and ignore the Ronstan commercial breaks. If you have to choose, get the first one. You'll learn more about sailing an 18 from the second one but the first one is much more entertaining.

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
First time 4 me 2.
Shows to what extent those Ozzies will go to "take out" an American campaign in their own waters. :lol:
What they don't tell you is that those yanks won that year. Durring the commentary, you'll every once in a while see Southern Comfort out front and they make a big deal out of it when the are back in the pack. :ph34r:

Tornado_ALIVE

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, AUS
the whole video is real good my favourite is the '95 auckland worlds where it blew and hard
Yep and the top mark bear aways were spectacular.

Quiet enjoyed St Kilda, Melbourne too. Big chop and wind........ Watching the Cub cart wheel 2 times in two races on pretty much the same spot on the same lap. Last time with head cam.

Adelaide harbour......... flat water racing with ships coming down the harbour. Gybing just before the docks whilst spectators looked down at them.

And of course Sydney Harbour, the best place to play with big boats.