The "Good Guy with a gun" myth

Aside from the cartoon characters, that ad in Field and Stream is appropriate. It would not be apprpriate in a children's comic book.
Interesting take.

Ads for cigarettes targeting children were never (to my knowledge) published in a children's comic book. (I look forward to being corrected on this if I'm wrong.)

The ask was for ads targeting children. That's what I posted. You seem to imply that ads targeting children are alright as long as they're not in Ranger Rick's or something. I respectfully disagree. In fact, I would posit that kids interested in hunting and fishing likely peruse Field and Stream and are exposed to these ads. They certainly don't seem to be targeting the adults.

But that's just little ol' me.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
If there is an age restriction on buying something, it makes sense to not allow marketing of that product to those too young to purchase it.
That's a weird thing to just drop in and say out of the blue. Seems kind of related to my post and not to anything else in this thread.
No I did not respond to you and I stopped reading this post after the first half of your first sentence.
But if you say you just happened to drop by this thread and make that post, completely unrelated to my post above, it does seem about as believable as anything else a grabber posts here.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
From what I understand about the new California law, it’s a $25,000 fine for marketing a Glock T-Shirt in Extra Small because it could fit a child, for each shirt sold! How is that not against the First Amendment?
What does a t-shirt have to do with the right to bear arms?

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
What does a t-shirt have to do with the right to bear arms?
Violating the 1st Amendment rights, just like Hairgel and Bacaria (Becerra in Senile Joe speak), and Bonta are violating Californian’s 2nd Amendment rights. Becerra/Bonta just got Bitchslapped for delaying background checks well beyond the 10 day waiting period for no legitimate reason! The background checks only take a few minutes, the rest of the 10 days is a “Cooling Off” period.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Violating the 1st Amendment rights, just like Hairgel and Bacaria (Becerra in Senile Joe speak), and Bonta are violating Californian’s 2nd Amendment rights. Becerra/Bonta just got Bitchslapped for delaying background checks well beyond the 10 day waiting period for no legitimate reason! The background checks only take a few minutes, the rest of the 10 days is a “Cooling Off” period.

Nice goalpost move. Nice.