The insidious theft of democracy.

LB 15

Cunt
View attachment 535988

Bullshit

You are silent about that because Dan is your hero but you are so blinded by bias that you think that your sides shit doesn’t stink.

You want to come here to talk politics but can’t handle dissenting views. No wonder you once warned me that PA is tough, because you are such a weak person.

You should go find a forum that is more suitable for you like Flower Arranging anarchy.

Fucking coward
She has never been silent about anything. Not even when stacking books in the Junkie library she hangs around.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Does anyone else find it amusing that It's all the rugged tough independent Australians naysaying the OP?
Talk about wanting to be governed hard LB :ROFLMAO:

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Barry O'Farrell resigned after he said he didn't get a bottle of wine, was proven that he did, and was Premier of NSW at the time. Perception of possible corruption.

Gladys Berejiklian had a relationship with a dodgy male and possibly helped him out with stuff she really shouldn't have, while Premier of NSW. Resigned over it when ICAC brought it to light. Possible corruption, perception was sufficient for her to resign.

Daniel Andrews presided over decisions that resulted in a lot of preventable infections and deaths. And was responsible for permitting the rorting of Parliamentary resources to the benefit of his political party.

Daniel Andrews is still there. And Meli is more than OK with that. Yet she wants to witter on about the theft of democracy. Sure, she's against that. As long as it's her political opposition doing it. Otherwise - meh. Nothing to see here.

FKT

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
hmmmm.....

'Scott Morrison didn't issue fines to children for crimes against disease control, and Scott Morrison didn't shutdown two towers full of refugee and migrant Australians.

'There were very real democratic rights that were trammelled in the course of this pandemic.'

Around 3,000 Victorian residents across nine public housing towers in Melbourne were thrusted into a hard lockdown in July 2020 in response to Covid outbreaks.

Over the following 12 months, around 500 children under 15 in NSW were fined a total of $20,000 for not wearing face masks.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
So take the Australian issues to the Australian threads on the Covid forum or the Oz politics forum.
You all wouldn't want to be accused of being Australicentric and silencing discussion on an international issue would you? Or maybe just silencing me.
Good luck with that.

It's interesting that non of you ever start threads on PA. Nothing to say I suppose. You know what we call people that enjoy the fruit but do no work?

Parasites

And those that do it in a pack?
A pack of parasites

Se7en

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
So take the Australian issues to the Australian threads on the Covid forum or the Oz politics forum.
You all wouldn't want to be accused of being Australicentric and silencing discussion on an international issue would you? Or maybe just silencing me.
Good luck with that.

It's interesting that non of you ever start threads on PA. Nothing to say I suppose. You know what we call people that enjoy the fruit but do no work?

Parasites

And those that do it in a pack?
A pack of parasites
Perhaps, like you did, we use Australia as an example becasue it's one we know.
Or perhaps, despite some reading, we can't find a jurisdiction where power was unilaterally claimed by one person or party for as long as it was here in Victoria. So perhaps that's why we talk about vic, because Dan Andrews was one of the worst cases globally of egregiously shutting down the democratic process?

I might not start many threads. But when I post I'd like to think that I post my own position and try and back it with logic and or evidence. Rather than just cut and pasting someone elses work.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Anyway
It
Perhaps, like you did, we use Australia as an example becasue it's one we know.
Or perhaps, despite some reading, we can't find a jurisdiction where power was unilaterally claimed by one person or party for as long as it was here in Victoria. So perhaps that's why we talk about vic, because Dan Andrews was one of the worst cases globally of egregiously shutting down the democratic process?

I might not start many threads. But when I post I'd like to think that I post my own position and try and back it with logic and or evidence. Rather than just cut and pasting someone elses work.
But what If I don't want to talk about specifics, just the concept that is outlined in the OP?

As I've tried to point out, Dan Andrews it might be interesting to Victorians, but hardly to the majority of those on this forum.
If you want to ask what I think about DA, ask me on the OzPol thread and I'll give you an honest answer to an honest question.

I cut and paste professionals work simply because
1) they can express an idea better than I can
2) The C&P's are intended as discussion starters.

Hmm seems like the idea of democracy theft has a name
"creeping crisis"

Abstract​

The COVID‐19 crisis is a stark reminder that modern society is vulnerable to a special species of trouble: the creeping crisis. The creeping crisis poses a deep challenge to both academics and practitioners. In the crisis literature, it remains ill‐defined and understudied. It is even harder to manage. As a threat, it carries a potential for societal disruption—but that potential is not fully understood. An accumulation of these creeping crises can erode public trust in institutions. This paper proposes a definition of a creeping crisis, formulates research questions, and identifies the most relevant theoretical approaches. It provides the building blocks for the systematic study of creeping crises.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
ነገር ግን ፖስት ሳደርግ የራሴን አቋም ለጥፍ እና በሎጂክ እና ወይም በማስረጃ እደግፈዋለሁ ብዬ ማሰብ እፈልጋለሁ። የሌላ ሰውን ስራ ከመቁረጥ እና ከመለጠፍ ይልቅ.

You might as well have written this part in gibberish, because she will never comprehend it.

LB 15

Cunt
The butthurt from the left appears to not be what he did or didn't do (it has now been established by our highest office holder at law that he did nothing illegal, but that he didn't tell everyone. Funny that meli and the other hand wringers see nothing wrong with Labor State premiers doing the same thing. Like our fat fuck Queensland premier allowing a plane load of footballers wives and girlfriends to enter the state while stoping cancer sufferers from northern NSW to enter the state for life saving treatment, or letting celebs like Nicole Kidman and her tattooed bogon husband to come and go as they pleased during the pandemic.

And just in case you are peeking Meli - go fuck yourself.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Hey Mellie... tell us about that time Gough and Lance held all Cabinet positions between just the two of them.

Yeah they did that, but they didn't *hide* that they were doing it, and it was just after taking Govt after decades in opposition.

The secrecy - that's what pisses me off - there's a decent argument for having backup Ministers during something like a pandemic, though 5 into 1 really doesn't compute.

There's NO decent argument for not making this widely known to the public, though. None at all.

And yeah, State Premiers giving a pass to the rich, vacuous and footballer bogans - dead silence from the ALP boosters on that one.

FKT