The insidious theft of democracy.

LB 15

Cunt
How the fuck could you lie to her...

1661388547531.png

GybeSet

Super Anarchist
Pretty sure that was a joint effort by the Fed Govt and the NSW State Govt, maybe 50-50.

Anyway, one Govt booted out and the other one likely to go next election. I'm good with that. Some of the rats are already scurrying off for safer sinecures.

FKT
It was 3 days after the Prime Minister secretly signed health powers over to himself.
The ship had the members of his HillSong church trapped onboard, once out the passengers spread the Plague

dfw_sailor

Super Anarchist
DFW
Well what can you expect when you consider the source?

The Clive Palmer Fuckwit Party got ~4.7% of the vote in the last election. The analog in the USA got 46% of the vote in theirs.

Ergo, the USA had 10X as many RWNJ's as Australia has.

FKT
While I agree there are far many more rwnj per capita, keep in mind Oz has compulsory voting, and US does not. As even TFG has said, if everyone voted in the US the GOP would never win, even before TFG pushed the GOP into la la land.

I consider compulsory voting to be the key to the conhesive society Oz has, despite tumultuous politics at times. That and the independent electoral commission AEC.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
While I agree there are far many more rwnj per capita, keep in mind Oz has compulsory voting, and US does not. As even TFG has said, if everyone voted in the US the GOP would never win, even before TFG pushed the GOP into la la land.

I consider compulsory voting to be the key to the conhesive society Oz has, despite tumultuous politics at times. That and the independent electoral commission AEC.

Will you shut up? I'm trolling the nutcases here. Let's not bring context to the facts I state, let them stand alone and wait for the suckers to jump in.

FWIW I totally agree with you, as the AEC keeps a strong check on gerrymandering, malapportionment and similar tricks.

But it's pointless telling that to even the lefty US denizens on this forum because - USA system best, nothing to learn from others.

Which is why it'd be amusing were it a 3rd World shit-hole country, but given that it's a (mostly) 1st World nuclear power colossus, somewhat less so. More like a senile elephant on must rampaging through a fragile environment, with its mahouts cheering it on.

FKT

Will you shut up? I'm trolling the nutcases here. Let's not bring context to the facts I state, let them stand alone and wait for the suckers to jump in.

FWIW I totally agree with you, as the AEC keeps a strong check on gerrymandering, malapportionment and similar tricks.

But it's pointless telling that to even the lefty US denizens on this forum because - USA system best, nothing to learn from others.

Which is why it'd be amusing were it a 3rd World shit-hole country, but given that it's a (mostly) 1st World nuclear power colossus, somewhat less so. More like a senile elephant on must rampaging through a fragile environment, with its mahouts cheering it on.

FKT
That would be musth - not must. Just this week, a bull elephant in Thailand ripped his mahout into multiple pieces. I've had the misfortune to encounter a half-grown bull elephant in musth. He threw me - whilst still on my motorcycle - 3 metres.... at which point I made a rapid escape, somewhat bruised but still intact. The strength of that 2 tonne male was incredible. He'd tried to impale my leg with one of his tusks and I just evaded that - but that's where I got bruised. I escaped, but one of my cameras died at the scene.

Here's the little shit

1661479112762.png

A lovely American lady - a professor dealing with large animals - elephants, rhinos etc - with whom I shared dinner that night, told me that I was the luckiest man on the planet. She said he was planning on getting me on the ground and doing a headstand on my chest... and she couldn't believe he hadn't succeeded. He reminds me a bit of Meli... try and do something nice for 'em and they turn around and bite you (figuratively speaking, of course)