The irony - Bezos doesn’t like Musk controlling media

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Smoker-prank.jpg

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
It definitely changes the OP.  He is NOT a majority shareholder and doesn't sit on the board so what power does he wield?
It changed nothing.

Pay attention He is still THE majority share holder and decided not to join the board.  His choice. They extended the offer to join the board, he declined.  

He was taking shots at Twitter on Twitter all weekend.  
I expect he will continue to add shares until he can take over completely.  

Last edited by a moderator:

bored broker

Anarchist
Lots of people read Marx. In fact, it is kind of required reading if you want to contradict it. Just because she is reading it dose not mean that she abides by it, so I wouldn't judge her there. I would however judge her on those nails. That shit is terrifying!!

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
If she’s reading Marx she has more in common with a graduate of Berkeley than with me.  
No, Grimes isn't actually reading Marx. She's just trolling after a dustup with her boyfriend Elon, the world's richest man. Yeah, trolling. So I guess she does have a lot in common with you. BTW, we did read The Communist Manifesto at Berkeley. We also read The Prince. Strong writing. I understand that Mao's Little Red Book is popular with CEO types, but probably as lack of virtue signaling. Shit writing what little I've read.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
It changed nothing.

Pay attention He is still THE majority share holder and decided not to join the board.  His choice. They extended the offer to join the board, he declined.  

I’d expect if he does Tesla shareholders will be upset.  Likelyhood is that he got a wild hair up his ass and has already lost interest.  Of course Tesla is likely to be taking a huge hit as competitors come on line so maybe he’s bored with that.    BMW for instance will have electrified most of its series by the end of this year.  Prices are similar to Tesla (if not cheaper) and fit and finish is light years better.  Think about that,  a decade of making the 3 and S and the fit and finish is still crap.  I was watching  a video of the M440 i50 and it beat the pants off the 3 Performance edition even my upcoming regular M440 is close and zero gaps in the sheet metal.

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
WA
It changed nothing.

He is not THE majority shareholder.  He is the largest single shareholder, big difference.  And you OP opines on Musk controlling the media.  That is flatly wrong as Musk controls no media.  He does not even own a controlling interest in Twitter.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
He is not THE majority shareholder.  He is the largest single shareholder, big difference.  And you OP opines on Musk controlling the media.  That is flatly wrong as Musk controls no media.  He does not even own a controlling interest in Twitter.
Got me. LARGEST shareholder not majority.  I didn’t write the OP it was the Washington post.  

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
As I predicted.  We now know why he didn’t join the board.

Link

"I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy," Musk wrote in a letter sent to Twitter Chairman Bret Taylor and disclosed in a securities filing.

According to Musk, the social media company needs to go private because it can "neither thrive nor serve" free speech in its current state. 

"As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced," he wrote. "My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder."

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
As I predicted.  We now know why he didn’t join the board.

Link

"I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy," Musk wrote in a letter sent to Twitter Chairman Bret Taylor and disclosed in a securities filing.

According to Musk, the social media company needs to go private because it can "neither thrive nor serve" free speech in its current state. 

"As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced," he wrote. "My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder."
He’s a one trick pony.  Reminds me of the time he (tweeted?) said he’d take Tesla private for $420 a share. In this case his offer is a good cover to exit his position.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
He’s a one trick pony.  Reminds me of the time he (tweeted?) said he’d take Tesla private for $420 a share. In this case his offer is a good cover to exit his position.
The best part of this is that putting the Pride of New York back on Twatter, while it does enable him to rally his troops for a coup, helps democRATS, at least electorally. 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
The best part of this is that putting the Pride of New York back on Twatter, while it does enable him to rally his troops for a coup, helps democRATS, at least electorally. 
Nothing is going to help the Dems this cycle.  The final straw will burst if Biden follows through on removing Title 42 from the Border. 

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
JoJoFungiNailz said:
What’s great about this, is if they refuse, he sells his shares and tanks the stock.
Won’t happen.  Sentiment on the Street is that Twitter is an attractive takeover candidate.  They’ll get that premium one way or another