The kiwis are coming home to roost

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
4,341
2,963
Original 1960’s saying was Kiwis eat roots n leaves.

Later on it became more sophisticated.

2FD05F16-5B67-47FB-A509-84E5E70CBFB5.jpeg

 

Xlot

Super Anarchist
8,697
1,139
Rome
@rh3000 More good news from Sardinia: over the last 24 hrs, just 3 new cases from 2,000 tests. Like in NZ, it’s mainly elderly males - the “funny” coincidence is that the average age of the deceased is 80.7, while the life expectancy for men is 80.9 ...

AC aside, what you mentioned about tracing and outside visitors is terribly relevant because tourism is a life or death issue for the Sardinian economy, and the summer season nears. So, there’ll be a huge pressure to allow vacationers (Italian only this year, I guess) to come. Problem is those are mostly from the affluent North, which is precisely where the stubborn hotspot still is

Overall in Italy, and to explain the persistently high number of dearhs, 44% of contagions was traced to nursing homes, 25% domestic, 11% in hospitals, 4% at work

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
16,290
1,025
@rh3000 More good news from Sardinia: over the last 24 hrs, just 3 new cases from 2,000 tests. Like in NZ, it’s mainly elderly males - the “funny” coincidence is that the average age of the deceased is 80.7, while the life expectancy for men is 80.9 ...

AC aside, what you mentioned about tracing and outside visitors is terribly relevant because tourism is a life or death issue for the Sardinian economy, and the summer season nears. So, there’ll be a huge pressure to allow vacationers (Italian only this year, I guess) to come. Problem is those are mostly from the affluent North, which is precisely where the stubborn hotspot still is

Overall in Italy, and to explain the persistently high number of dearhs, 44% of contagions was traced to nursing homes, 25% domestic, 11% in hospitals, 4% at work
Different numbers here to tell about the same: 3% of the death are under 60 and most of the other 97% occured in nursing homes.

10% of the population is considered to have been in contact with the virus, the gov will ease the measures by opening schools to children whose parents agree, and increase the % protected population before fall.

 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
16,290
1,025
FIFY

*Assuming your definition of immunity comes after 60 million people have become infected with a mere 1% fatality rate which would result in the needless deaths of 600,000 people.

Yes, I'm sure Italy won't be "minding" much... fuck me...
So you have to edit and rewrite my post to anwer you own comment ?

 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
12,249
3,340
PNW
https://www.sail-world.com/news/228452/Americas-Cup-J-class-to-merge-with-superyachts

So the rich and their employees can come into NZ after 14 days at sea or quarantine. Wonder if others will get in that easily and how much cash they have to pledge? AC teams seem a slam dunk. Hey they could run SGP, too. The boats are probably there already.
Sounds more like an invitation, a rejigging, by ‘Hayden Porter, RNZYS CEO’ than any announcement of intention by the J Class owners. 
 

But as RG suggests, it’s possible that both NZ and AUS will have things well-enough under control by March; and that there will be a pent up ‘demand’ for some sailing - particularly among pro sailors who are otherwise looking at a bleak foreseeable future.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xlot

Super Anarchist
8,697
1,139
Rome
Sounds more like an invitation, a rejigging, by ‘Hayden Porter, RNZYS CEO’ than any announcement of intention by the J Class owners. 
 

But as RG suggests, it’s possible that both NZ and AUS will have things well-enough under control by March; and that there will be a pent up ‘demand’ for some sailing - particularly among pro sailors who are otherwise looking at a bleak foreseeable future.
Right. Whatever you do, humor the guy :D  

 

Latest posts




Top